Ektachrome QUESTION??

Old January 25th 04, 07:06 PM
Mikey S.

Default Ektachrome QUESTION??

Kodak can tell you..
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe....22.3.24&lc=en
or
http://tinyurl.com/yuajs

Looks like the answer is yes, it's 320 speed.

--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com

"jeffrey" wrote in message
Could someone tell me if the speed of Kodak, Ektachrome 320T(tungsten)
is 320? am first time user of this film and am not sure if the "320"
means that is the speed of the film or not??

Old January 25th 04, 08:39 PM
Michael A. Covington

"jeffrey" wrote in message
Could someone tell me if the speed of Kodak, Ektachrome 320T(tungsten)
is 320? am first time user of this film and am not sure if the "320"
means that is the speed of the film or not??

Yes. This information should also be on the film box and on the instruction
sheet (probably printed on the inside of the box).

Old January 25th 04, 08:56 PM
jeffrey

Old January 25th 04, 10:00 PM
Bob

jeffrey wrote:

Could someone tell me if the speed of Kodak, Ektachrome 320T(tungsten)
is 320? am first time user of this film and am not sure if the "320"
means that is the speed of the film or not??

Yes. According to Kodak's web site Ektachrome 320T professional film is
ISO 320

You might go to www.kodak.com and search on ektachrome 320T and look at
the info on that film that is available.

Bob

Old January 26th 04, 08:42 PM
Slingblade

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:56:29 -0800, jeffrey wrote:

Could someone tell me if the speed of Kodak, Ektachrome 320T(tungsten)
is 320? am first time user of this film and am not sure if the "320"
means that is the speed of the film or not??

All Kodak (and best as I know, all other brand) films have a number
that directly relates to the ISO number (formerly called ASA number).
For Instance Kodachrome 64 is ASA/ISO 64 speed. Kodacolor (or
whatever modern designation for class of print film) 400 is 400 speed.
Ektachrome 320T is 320 speed Tungsten, etc.

That's one reason most older film cameras have the little holder on
the back so you can pull the end panel off the box and slide it in the
holder to remind you what speed you have in the camera, should you
forget. I suppose most modern cameras with LCD or LED displays read
the DX coding off the film, automatically set the ISO in the camera
(unless you manually override it) and probably show you on a screen
somewhere (or in the viewfinder) what your film speed is.
Old February 2nd 04, 06:10 AM
Jim Nason

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:56:29 -0800, jeffrey wrote:

Could someone tell me if the speed of Kodak, Ektachrome 320T(tungsten)
is 320? am first time user of this film and am not sure if the "320"
means that is the speed of the film or not??

Yes...
Kodak includes the ISO in names.. but if you are in doubt, flip the
box over, and on the back is ISO and DIN number..