Kodak DX 7440

Old August 30th 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
George E. Cawthon

Default Kodak DX 7440

bluezfolk wrote:
cb3c wrote:
My Kodak DX 7440 uses SD up to 512 MB. Does anyone know (the manual doesn't say) if it can use a 1GB card, or how I can find out if it does?

Thanks in advance.
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C6CB5C.7CEE2750

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2912" name=GENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=#ffffff
DIVFONT face=Arial size=2My Kodak DX 7440 uses SD up to 512 MB.  Does
anyone know (the manual doesn't say) if it can use a 1GB card, or how I can find
out if it does?/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT face=Arial size=2Thanks in advance./FONT/DIV/BODY/HTML

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C6CB5C.7CEE2750--

The consensus seems to be yes, the only possible problem I can
forsee which is rather remote is that due to its programming the
camera may see the 1G card as a 512M and only use that portion of it.

Eric

Only if Kodak hired an MS engineer that use
programming from the 1980's. But that is
possible. By this point in the thread it pretty
much established that it isn't true.
Old August 31st 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Hap Shaughnessy

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:15:51 -0400, "cb3c" wrote:

My Kodak DX 7440 uses SD up to 512 MB. Does anyone know (the manual doesn't say) if it can use a 1GB card, or how I can find out if it does?

Thanks in advance.

I have a DX7440.

A recently purchased Kingston 1GB SD memory card works fine.

Good prices here for Canada http://www.softmagic.ca/

Hap
Old August 31st 06, 08:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
ASAAR

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:53:06 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:

Well, some people have friends who might have 1GB cards they could try.
Or a dealer might have one they would let him try in order to make a
sale. And with 1GB SD cards going for under $20 locally, it isn't a
large investment.
Now, the other question is, why? I have a DX6440 (about the same as the
7440), and it will put 306 pictures on a 256 meg card. Makes one wonder
at the rationale of buying a card that will have over 1200 pictures....

No. It makes one wonder why someone would either use a camera
whose maximum image size was less than one megabyte, or if it was
larger, why they'd choose to use less than the maximum resolution
and least compression. My guess is that your DX6440 is one of
Kodak's thingies that produces only highly compressed jpeg files.
Even if the DX7440 can't do any better, one rationale expressed here
from time to time is that a 512MB card is nearly the perfect size
since no matter how full the card is, it can be completely backed up
to a single CD.

Old August 31st 06, 10:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Ron Hunter

ASAAR wrote:
[...]

The DX6440 does have rather aggressive compression, (and no adjustment
for quality) which is usually not a problem. However, I do agree that
the 512MB card is a better fit for a camera with only 4mp, and average
compression. Beyond that, you get into the 'too many eggs in the
basket' problem.
With the price of flash media these days, there is no excuse for a
camera with excessive compression, but the DX6440 is a bit over 2 years
old, when flash media was 8 times as expensive per byte as it is now.
Old October 24th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
rEn

I have The Kodak DX4530, and just got a 1 gig SD card from Costco and it works just fine...........