Avoid "model-8" for CF cards (dbay seller)

Old August 23rd 06, 12:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kinon O'cann

Default Avoid "model-8" for CF cards (dbay seller)

Seller shipped a fake SanDisk card, and despite promises, has not refunded
the price.

Just so you know...

Old August 23rd 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jerry L

Now you know the reason why 'sleaze-bay' is such a fine thing to use.

Had you placed your order with B+H Photo, or KEH (in Atlanta) or even
Wal-mart, you would have the option of making a return.

The money you "saved" on e-bay was not really worth it, was it?

Life is a learning situation: and you took the chance and have learned
from it.
= = =

Old August 23rd 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kinon O'Cann

"Jerry L" wrote in message
ups.com...
Now you know the reason why 'sleaze-bay' is such a fine thing to use.

Had you placed your order with B+H Photo, or KEH (in Atlanta) or even
Wal-mart, you would have the option of making a return.

The money you "saved" on e-bay was not really worth it, was it?

I've bought and sold lots of stuff on ebay, and this is the first problem.
And yes, I've saved a ton of money using ebay, this item notwithstanding.

Life is a learning situation: and you took the chance and have learned
from it.

Thanks, but I already had a mother...

= = =

Old August 23rd 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dave Sill

"Jerry L" writes:

Now you know the reason why 'sleaze-bay' is such a fine thing to
use.

People have bad experiences with "reputable" outlets, too. If you
don't like or trust eBay, that's fine. But the phenomenal success of
eBay indicates that many buyers are very satisfied.

Had you placed your order with B+H Photo, or KEH (in Atlanta) or even
Wal-mart, you would have the option of making a return.

Most eBayers accept returns. Scammers, obviously, don't.

The money you "saved" on e-bay was not really worth it, was it?

You have to look at all eBay purchases, not just the ones that go
sour. I've made 80+ purchases on eBay with only one that was less than
satisfactory--and even then the problems I had could have been on my
end. The money I saved on the other 79+ items *easily* covered this
one item.

Life is a learning situation: and you took the chance and have learned
from it.

Get that from a fortune cookie?

-Dave
Old August 24th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Kinon O'cann wrote:
Seller shipped a fake SanDisk card, and despite promises, has not refunded
the price.

Just so you know...

I usually just order from B&H. Takes about 5 minutes on their website.
Always get my stuff a couple of days later. Boring as hell.

Just so you know...

Old September 4th 06, 09:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Thad Smith

Jerry L wrote:
Now you know the reason why 'sleaze-bay' is such a fine thing to use.

Had you placed your order with B+H Photo, or KEH (in Atlanta) or even
Wal-mart, you would have the option of making a return.

Maybe. I bought a Compact Flash reader at B&H. It claimed to be
compatible with Win98, but I could not get the driver installed, even
after going to vendor's website. B&H couldn't help and wouldn't give a
refund because I had to cut the blister pack to open (which was the only
way to remove the product). So the reader didn't work as promised and
B&H wouldn't refund. Yeah, the reader was inexpensive, but it left a
sour taste in my mouth. I've bought big ticket items there before, but
I'll look elsewhere next time.

--
Thad