[SI] Multiple Exposures

Old May 4th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Wilba

Default Multiple Exposures: Thank You To Everyone For Participating!

Helen wrote:
michelo wrote:

Thank you Helen for the challenging mandate.

It was probably the most controversial so far, but I understand why
Jim did not want it to simply become a Photoshop exercise.

Thanks Michelo. The Mandate certainly was challenging, but it did
cause a stir.
I agree with Bret though when he said I had the home field advantage.
It was too restrictive for those who look forward to participating,
and I should have given my suggestion more thought.

We might look back on how challenging this was as a good thing. I was forced
to do something different, and that's a good thing - now I have another way
to be creative.

For me the disappointment was that it was not a fair game - some players had
an advantage. There are many ways that we could have honoured the concept
without disadvantaging anyone.

Bottom line = good on you anyway! :-)

Old May 4th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On May 3, 9:44 pm, "Wilba" wrote:
Helen wrote:

I just want to take a moment and thank:
Scott Wilson
Alan Browne
Michelo
Wilba
Mardon
Jim Kramer

Your ingenuity and hard work is astounding. Very creative. Excellent
work guys!

Thanks very much. Of course, you deserve exactly the same praise. :-)

Thanks Wilba.

Old May 4th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Wilba

Default [SI] Multiple Exposures

michelo wrote:
Wilba wrote:
michelo wrote:
Wilba wrote:
michelo wrote:
Wilba wrote:

The only one that made me stop, look, smile ... was Michelo 1.
Thoughtful and very well executed. It wouldn't look out of place in a
furniture catalogue. I would have been tempted to have a sex toy
peeking out from behind the mugs on the top shelf.

And then I would wonder why nobody accepts my dinner invitation
anymore.
My other tentative was to photography a red light intersection ...
^^^^^^

See, there's something deeply sexual and kinky in your photos. :-D

Humm.I don't know if it's me or you, but I'd like to see you portfolio
to confirm. Let's do one more try. What do you see here?
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mic...S3GsGBqza1 4I

"LavaTree" - now it's getting scatological! :-D

What do you see here - http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/76895009?

A back lit sculpture of a bird?

Yes, perched on top of ...?

Old May 4th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Wilba

Paul Furman wrote:

Try this one... see anything?
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php...it&PG=2&PIC=11

I see the genitals of a plant.

Old May 4th 07, 12:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
michelo

"Wilba" wrote in message
Helen wrote:
michelo wrote:

Thank you Helen for the challenging mandate.

It was probably the most controversial so far, but I understand why
Jim did not want it to simply become a Photoshop exercise.

Thanks Michelo. The Mandate certainly was challenging, but it did
cause a stir.
I agree with Bret though when he said I had the home field advantage.
It was too restrictive for those who look forward to participating,
and I should have given my suggestion more thought.

We might look back on how challenging this was as a good thing. I was
forced to do something different, and that's a good thing - now I have
another way to be creative.

For me the disappointment was that it was not a fair game - some players
had an advantage. There are many ways that we could have honoured the
concept without disadvantaging anyone.

Bottom line = good on you anyway! :-)

I just found funny that they complained so much. To participate to the SI, I
don't have their fancy equipment; I have the choice between a beat up Nikon
FE and a second hand Canon P&S. But I think my entries match up to the
others despite the constant disadvantage.

Michel

Old May 4th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
michelo

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
. net...
michelo wrote:

"Paul Furman" wrote in message

Try this one... see anything?
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php...it&PG=2&PIC=11

Just to see, crop the right side to make it square and paint over the
left flower. If you can redo it like that, it would be a good seller.
I like DSC1601 also.

Thanks, yes, a freind also suggested I do a series of square cropped
flowers. You don't see any female 'parts' in the orange poppy? I had a
lady blush & giggle looking at that one :-)

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://www.edgehill.net/1

Apart from the pistil, no. But maybe my subconscious make me like it for
that reason. :-)

My father had a similar situation. He is in photography club and they had
pictures on display. Some peoples were looking at each one and when they
were getting to his, they were saying "Ho!", and skipped quickly to the next
one without looking. He had a lot of fun, here it is.

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mic...csGBvgeY 1ZRc

Michel

Old May 4th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
What's wrong with the FE? It's a very capable camera when used with the
right lenses and will be around as long as you can get film for it. I must
say that I really enjoy my FE.

Let's see. No autofocus, no automatic exposure except for you set the
F-stop and it picks the shutter speed. No fast film wind without an
extra motor drive, You really have to work to get a decent image.

Oh I'm sorry, you asked about its DISadvantages. :-)

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/
Old May 4th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Wilba" wrote
Paul Furman wrote:
Try this one... see anything?
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php...it&PG=2&PIC=11

I see the genitals of a plant.

Yes, but the pistils and stamens are tastefully out of
focus, just a hint of the stigmas and anthers showing.

A human tradition is a vase of plant genitals displayed
on the table when meat is eaten. Why not a tasteful
spray of erect bull cocks for the vegetarians?

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm

Old May 4th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On May 4, 11:55 am, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:
Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
What's wrong with the FE? It's a very capable camera when used with
the right lenses and will be around as long as you can get film for
it. I must say that I really enjoy my FE.

Let's see. No autofocus, no automatic exposure except for you set the
F-stop and it picks the shutter speed. No fast film wind without an
extra motor drive, You really have to work to get a decent image.

Oh I'm sorry, you asked about its DISadvantages. :-)

LOL! God forbid that one needs all that modern new fangled crap to take a
picture. The FE is still a fun camera that will hold its own against any
new camera.

Rita

More warm cheeriness.

Old May 4th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default Multiple Exposures

On May 4, 9:02 am, "Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:
"Wilba" wrote

Paul Furman wrote:
Try this one... see anything?
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php...it&PG=2&PIC=11

I see the genitals of a plant.

Yes, but the pistils and stamens are tastefully out of
focus, just a hint of the stigmas and anthers showing.

A human tradition is a vase of plant genitals displayed
on the table when meat is eaten. Why not a tasteful
spray of erect bull cocks for the vegetarians?

Because it is so incredibly hard to make them stay erect after they
are dis-membered. :-)
Jim
--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio