Cell Phone Cameras with USB that don't require web access

Old March 6th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Cell Phone Cameras with USB that don't require web access

Greetings,

It would be convenient to have a cell phone that included a camera for
various reasons.

However, SPRINT says you need to have Web access with them. I have no
desire to read email on my phone, and certainly not to pay an extra $15
a month.

Are there phones that have a USB connections and don't require web access.

Thanks.
Old March 6th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Beach Runner" wrote in message

Greetings,

It would be convenient to have a cell phone that included a camera for
various reasons.

However, SPRINT says you need to have Web access with them. I have no
desire to read email on my phone, and certainly not to pay an extra $15
a month.

Are there phones that have a USB connections and don't require web access.

Thanks.

Who cares!

Digital Cameras, Scanners and Printers have USB connections.

Any phone is just a bloody nuisance.

Roy G

Old March 6th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Yikes, talk about unhelpful and unprovoked anger from Tesco News. I
hope he gets his meds balanced pretty soon.

Motorola and Samsung (and probably others) have phones that take memory
cards that you stick into a card reader. The new ones are Transflash
and the older ones were mini-SD or something like that.

Many will also take a data cable to transfer between your computer and
camera (oops, I mean phone).

Old March 6th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Pat" wrote in message
oups.com
Yikes, talk about unhelpful and unprovoked anger from Tesco News. I
hope he gets his meds balanced pretty soon.

Motorola and Samsung (and probably others) have phones that take
memory cards that you stick into a card reader. The new ones are
Transflash and the older ones were mini-SD or something like that.

Many will also take a data cable to transfer between your computer
and camera (oops, I mean phone).

I think nearly every phone with a camera will provide you with a means of
getting the photos off, whether it will be IR, bluetooth, USB or memory
card.

What might be the problem is that your provider is only giving out those
phones with the special contract, rather than the phones physically being
unable to do it.

Old March 7th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Pat" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yikes, talk about unhelpful and unprovoked anger from Tesco News. I
hope he gets his meds balanced pretty soon.

Motorola and Samsung (and probably others) have phones that take memory
cards that you stick into a card reader. The new ones are Transflash
and the older ones were mini-SD or something like that.

Many will also take a data cable to transfer between your computer and
camera (oops, I mean phone).

Hi all.

I am not on any meds,

I am just naturally a Grumpy Old Git, even before I got old.

I have a phone, and need it for business.

I even have a cell phone, but I don't like phones. My cell phone only makes
and receives phone calls. It might be able to text, but I have never
bothered finding out. It certainly can not take photos or get Email.

I hate getting phone calls from people I do not know, who want to sell me
something I don't want or need. If they should happen to be promoting
anything to do with telecommunications I get extremely rude. I also happen
to think that Call Centres were designed specifically to create and spread
Mental Illnesses, and probably have a lot to do with the increasing suicide
rates.

As for all those people who go about with a phone stuck permanently to their
ear, are they aware that in order to work on a Cell Phone Mast, the Techs
must wear Radiation Detectors.

I dread the day when every new Camera and new Car will have a built in
phone.

Roy G

Old March 7th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

I understand and respect your position. In fact, I downloaded a
ringtone for my cell phone that sounds like a real phone ringing
because I wanted my phone to sound like a phone (to which the kids said
"why would you want a phone that sounds like that?"

But the world is changing. Even you switched from film to digital, so
you can't be too stuck in the past! I bet you even have a touchtone
phone instead of calling Clara down in Central every time you want to
place a call.

But the OP had a question. There's no need to be nasty just for the
sake of being nasty. If you didn't care about the question or the
answer, why not just go on to the next post?

As for "who cares?". Well, Beach Runner cares and I care and Scott
cares and probably a bunch of other people.

Why not take your skill, talent and experience and help out newbies
other people who have questions -- like you have been helped in the
past -- instead of posting useless nonsense, correcting grammar, etc.
Otherwise, we will all start splitting infinitives just to greatly
annoy you :-)

Stay well.

Pat.

Old March 7th 06, 09:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Beach Runner wrote:

Greetings,

It would be convenient to have a cell phone that included a camera for
various reasons.

However, SPRINT says you need to have Web access with them. I have no
desire to read email on my phone, and certainly not to pay an extra $15
a month.

Are there phones that have a USB connections and don't require web access.

Thanks.

Yes, the Motorola V220, and the V551 both can connect to USB with
suitable cables.
Old March 7th 06, 09:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Tesco News wrote:
"Beach Runner" wrote in message
Greetings,

It would be convenient to have a cell phone that included a camera for
various reasons.

However, SPRINT says you need to have Web access with them. I have no
desire to read email on my phone, and certainly not to pay an extra $15
a month.

Are there phones that have a USB connections and don't require web access.

Thanks.

Who cares!

Digital Cameras, Scanners and Printers have USB connections.

Any phone is just a bloody nuisance.

Roy G

I suspect that many people will disagree with you on that. They are one
of the most convenient electronic items I use.
Old March 7th 06, 10:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Tesco News wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Roy,
Perhaps you need to find a cave in a remote area, drive there, and
push the car off into a ravine. BTW, haven't you listed your numbers in
the 'do not call' registry? If not, do it now.
Old March 7th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

You can buy the USB kit (includes software) from electronics stores, such as
Fry's.
It used to cost around $80 a year ago.