Kodak CEO travels on private jets while company flounders

Old November 10th 11, 05:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Kodak CEO travels on private jets while company flounders

On 2011-11-10 07:36:44 -0800, Whisky-dave said:

On Nov 10, 9:08*am, "Trevor" wrote:
"Whisky-dave" wrote in message

Or you could ask why they need to travel in the first place
considering modern technologies like skype.

The sight seeing is not as good.

Trevor.

That's true and the SI might suffer.

But most important is that RIchA would not be impressed by the
quality
of the images posted captured via Skype.

Then there are other choices such as gotomeeting.com and G+ "Hangouts".
http://www.gotomeeting.com/fec/

http://www.google.com/support/plus/b...&guide=1257349

Savageduck

Old November 10th 11, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 2011-11-10 07:36:44 -0800, Whisky-dave said:

On Nov 10, 9:08 am, "Trevor" wrote:
"Whisky-dave" wrote in message

Or you could ask why they need to travel in the first place
considering modern technologies like skype.

The sight seeing is not as good.

Trevor.

That's true and the SI might suffer.

But most important is that RIchA would not be impressed by the
quality
of the images posted captured via Skype.

Then there are other choices such as gotomeeting.com and G+ "Hangouts".
http://www.gotomeeting.com/fec/

http://www.google.com/support/plus/b...&guide=1257349

Considering your career, I am surprised that you don't seem to accept
the value of a face to face negotiation.

--
Peter
Old November 10th 11, 06:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-11-10 07:36:44 -0800, Whisky-dave said:

On Nov 10, 9:08 am, "Trevor" wrote:
"Whisky-dave" wrote in message

Or you could ask why they need to travel in the first place
considering modern technologies like skype.

The sight seeing is not as good.

Trevor.

That's true and the SI might suffer.

But most important is that RIchA would not be impressed by the
quality
of the images posted captured via Skype.

Then there are other choices such as gotomeeting.com and G+ "Hangouts".
http://www.gotomeeting.com/fec/

http://www.google.com/support/plus/b...&guide=1257349

Considering your career, I am surprised that you don't seem to accept
the value of a face to face negotiation.

I cannot deny the value of the face to face meeting, and I don't know
why you would think that I would have thought that I did not accept
their value.
Certainly when dealing with a subject, witness, or informant that is
the preferred mode of interview, no other will do. Let's just say that
we went out of our way to ensure that all of our interaction with
individuals for interviews was "face to face". There is a methodology
to that, deliberately removing individuals from their comfort zone.
Let's just say, you would be surprised to discover just how quickly you
can reach a satisfactory conclusion given the right "atmosphere".

I was addressing the other methods of immediate conference, or meeting
available to those where the evaluation of human interaction might be a
little different, and the demands of time & travel constrains might
preclude an immediate meeting.

That said, while working I only had the opportunity to be involved with
a video conference with another agency on two occasions. Telephone
conferencing with other agencies, or in particular interpreter services
was quite common. You have no idea how tough it is to find Hmong
speakers in law enforcement today.

Since those days I have taken the opportunity to take part in some of
the NIK software Webinars and was quite impressed with the concept.
The G+ "Hangout" takes that another step forward.

I also use Skype daily, enjoying "face to face" conversations with my
87 year old father, and some of my friends spread around the globe.
Along with the video calling and "chat" features, we find the Skype
screen sharing feature very useful, as we can quickly illustrate the
solution to a problem, or answer a question by demonstration from the
desktop.

Savageduck

Old November 10th 11, 07:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 2011-11-10 09:29:11 -0800, PeterN said:

snip

[...]

Perhaps I did misunderstand your posting. Also, there is no question
that webinars serve a valuable function. I can't conceive of claiming
otherwise.

Sidelight. In 1971 I was with a large international accounting firm.
When organizing their annual national ta seminar, folks on the West
Coast wanted to come East and those from the East wanted the site to be
in the West. (surprise.) We would alternate locations. While the
webinars method now used saves considerable money, it is not a real
substitute for getting to know and understand the guys your work with,
and otherwise only know by voice.

--
Peter