FIRST 20D PIC !!!

Old September 22nd 04, 06:20 PM
Dallas

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:42:46 +0000, Brian C. Baird wrote:

In article ,
says...
No messing
about, lets just call a spade a spade!

Is that some sort of racial remark?

Yes. All green spades are suppressed by yellow spades. One day soon they
will rise up against these yellow pigs and inherit the world. Death to the
yellow spades.

Are you mental or something worse?

--
Dallas
www.dallasdahms.com

Old September 22nd 04, 06:20 PM
Dallas

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:49:38 +0000, Annika1980 wrote:

Sure. Go re-read the thread and see. I've never said,"I'm better than
you!"

What I say is, "My camera is better than yours!"

Fair enough.

And anybody who has followed my posts here for however many years surely
realizes what I've been saying all along. That is, all equipment limits
you. The better your equipment, the less you are limited. So you're
pretty much ****ed, Nikon Boy.

Well if that's true then based on the majority of your photos, Canon must
be making truly appalling equipment.

Old September 22nd 04, 06:20 PM
Dallas

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 02:02:57 +0000, Annika1980 wrote:

But to answer your original question as to what my photography gains from
the new camera ..... well, we will just have to wait and see.

If that ghastly soccer pic is anything to go buy, it would seem that your
money might have been better spent elsewhere.

Old September 30th 04, 04:51 PM
JZ

Your pic makes me feel sad, 'cause it's just too bad.
btw, now I guess only dumb fools still use AOL. And you....

(Annika1980) wrote in message ...
Well sports fans, a new era has begun.
The FEDEX truck pulled up just as expected today and the kind lady driver
delivered to me a nice little bundle of joy. The brand new Canon 20D !!!

I dare say, I AM the first on my block to have one.

Anyway, I snuck away for lunch today just long enough to give it a quick try in
the field (literally).

This was a RAW image converted with the Canon software since Photoshop hasn't
yet updated Camera RAW (AS PROMISED!).
I'll give a more thorough review soon, but I was first impressed by the speed
of the little guy (the camera, not the deer). 5 fps is pretty fast! I was
prepared to complain about the small buffer which only allows a 6-shot burst in
RAW mode, but my bitching was minimized when I realized that if you hit the
shutter button once more (after the 6th shot has been taken) you can get an
extra shot or two almost immediately. Of course, this was using the super-fast
Sandisk Extreme 1GB card. Your mileage may vary. More to follow ......

Lots more.....