Big cat really quite small

Old May 12th 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alienjones[_2_]

Default Big cat really quite small

It's odd how you can stand beside the hull of a big cat in dry dock and it
towers over you ...yet when it's in the water surrounded by the really 'big
boys' toys... It can look so small...
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/previews/the_cat.htm

Interesting exercise in digital imagery. Shot with a 40D Canon and 17 - 85
kit lens. DxO optix pro software removed the generous CA this lens produces
and corrected the other image anomolies you'd expect for a cheap lens (cheap
as in $600???). What it couldn't do is take away the distint blue colour
cast in the shadows when the shot is otherwise correctly white balanced.
Nikon's don't do that incidentally. I had to use Photoshop to do it and even
then, it's not a quick exercise.

As far back as the 10D I can remember this happening. Canon might have
changed their models but they havent altered their stripes !

Old May 12th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alienjones[_2_]

"Draco" wrote in message
On May 12, 1:30 am, "Alienjones" wrote:
It's odd how you can stand beside the hull of a big cat in dry dock and it
towers over you ...yet when it's in the water surrounded by the really
'big
boys' toys... It can look so
small...http://www.douglasjames.com.au/previews/the_cat.htm

-----------------------

Well, how in the heck can I look at the image when I run into this:

http://www.douglasjames.com.au/previews/the_cat.htm

Forbidden to enter and see. Sheesh, guess I'm banned from ever seeing
Douglas' images.

Oh well, I tried to be nice.

Draco
---------------
This is where one bad apple ruins the whole box Draco.

Your thieving mate: anniika1980 and Paul Furman are the ones to blame for
it. Bret repeatedly took my copyright images and pasted his revolting
pornography into them and thought it a great joke... I've had enough and I'm
doing something about it.

Paul Furman is probably the luckiest fellow in the USA today. He escaped a
significant legal suit by just minutes when his bigoted attitude kept him
from recognizing his theft of my images was serious. His host was a lot more
proactive (and apologetic) when they got the court papers.

The fact you support Bret Douglas' other photographic endeavours does not
alter the fact you associate with and provide support for a self confessed
paedophile and porn peddler. Are you really that broad minded?

After Bell South got my court papers and gave him the flick ...he moved to
EPB Telecom, Verizon's IP range in Arlington seemed to be too close to
Chattanooga's Range to filter accurately on. I did ask for information here
about local call rates to Virginia and such, mindful if I did block the
hillbilly state, I'd probably block you and a few others too.

I'd suggest Draco, you look closely at your associations and to whom you
offer public support for. You are seen not only by what you say and do but
by the company you keep. If you keep company with criminals, you'll be
considered one yourself.

This group is total disarray. The resuscitated "shootin" is hardly a glowing
example of rebuilding public confidence in the group. People like Bret
Douglas are destroying Usenet and people like you sit idly by, watching them
destroy what you really came to enjoy.

Think about it mate... Sooner or later you'll be faced with making a
decision. Stand up for decency or let the whole thing slide into the control
of depraved lunatic.

Old May 12th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Alienjones wrote:

Bleh!

The way it works: if someone files a complaint, your hosting service
won't look at the legal details, the new US legislation says you are
guilty until you prove yourself innocent... and a 2 year old usenet spat
over silliness certainly isn't worth my time to fight.
Old May 13th 08, 06:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alienjones[_2_]

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Alienjones wrote:

Bleh!

The way it works: if someone files a complaint, your hosting service won't
look at the legal details, the new US legislation says you are guilty
until you prove yourself innocent... and a 2 year old usenet spat over
silliness certainly isn't worth my time to fight.

And who dragged it out for 2 years?

You stole my work and plagiarised it then tried to contradict me with the
doctored images. Not just a 2 year old spat but fraud and copyright theft by
you.

All you had to do was apologize but no... You wanted to make as ass out of
yourself and discover along the way that you simply can't go around behaving
as if nothing you do is illegal until you get caught. You got caught. Live
with it or not but you still owe me an apology... And $687 for lawyers fees.

Old May 13th 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
m II

Annika1980 wrote:

I think Douggie's whole site crashed. Maybe he forgot to pay his
bill?

Oh, I know ..... his ISP flicked him after I complained. Yeah, that's
the ticket!

LOL!

Steal any more pictures today? People of low moral character, such as
yourself, can't stop.
Old May 13th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
XxYyZz

Well, how in the heck can I look at the image when I run into this:

http://www.douglasjames.com.au/previews/the_cat.htm

Forbidden to enter and see. Sheesh, guess I'm banned from ever seeing
Douglas' images.

Oh well, I tried to be nice.

Draco

You didn't miss anything. It's just another crap phot from Douglas. Looks
like it was taken with a cheap point and shoot camera.

Old May 13th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
XxYyZz

Alienjones wrote:

Bleh!

The way it works: if someone files a complaint, your hosting service won't
look at the legal details, the new US legislation says you are guilty until
you prove yourself innocent... and a 2 year old usenet spat over silliness
certainly isn't worth my time to fight.

And who dragged it out for 2 years?

That would be you Douglas, same as usual.

You stole my work and plagiarised it

Who in their right mind would steal your work and claim it as their own ?

then tried to contradict me with the
doctored images.

You mean he used your photos to prove you wrong ! Get over it cry baby.

Not just a 2 year old spat but fraud and copyright theft by
you.

All you had to do was apologize but no...

Apologize for what ?

You wanted to make as ass out of yourself

No, he made an ass out of you !

and discover along the way that you simply can't go around behaving as if
nothing you do is illegal until you get caught. You got caught.

Got any proof that this isn't just another one of your insane rants ????

Live with it or not but you still owe me an apology... And $687 for lawyers
fees.

Bet you had to take out a loan for that large a sum. That really proves
what an idiot you are.

Old May 13th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
XxYyZz

"m II" wrote in message news:urkWj.2404$KB3.672@edtnps91...
Annika1980 wrote:

I think Douggie's whole site crashed. Maybe he forgot to pay his
bill?

Oh, I know ..... his ISP flicked him after I complained. Yeah, that's
the ticket!

LOL!

Steal any more pictures today? People of low moral character, such as
yourself, can't stop.

We've seen your photos, there's nothing worth stealing.
Old May 13th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alienjones[_2_]

"Draco" wrote in message

You also claimed that you
created a program that allowed you to create huge prints (30 by 36
inch) from one or two megabyte files that were sharp and clean of
artifacts. Then when you were called to the floor on it, you claimed
that everyone was out to get you and no one had any right to see how
you created the images.

You didn't have to provide the entire working
program, just enough information to show that it works. Then folks
would have been beating a path to your doorway to buy it.
Yes this group is in "...disarray..." and not because of just Bret.
-----------------------
Well now Draco... It looks like you've been fed another load of stale
bull****...

I actually provided Alan Browne with a 24" x 36" print of an enlargement I
made from a 10D file AND the 10D raw file for forensic verification. He
challenged me when I claimed I could make an enlargement that size from the
10D image and it would rival a Medium format print.

To keep him honest in his appraisal of the enlargement, I insisted a
recognized working professional also get an identical package. Alan
nominated Gordon Moat from San Diego, a world recognized professional
photographer specializing in medium format photography.

Part of what Gordon wrote:
"The initial test prints, and information, came from a company called Techno
Aussie. Two example prints were sent to me from Australia by Douglas
MacDonald. Included was a short explanation of camera gear used, and the
printer used. Techno Aussie use a proprietary upsizing algorithm to take
small image files, and match them closer to larger printed output sizes. The
printer used for the images is an AGFA Sherpa, which is quite a good system,
though not the latest in technology. The cameras used to originate the files
for the test images were the Canon 10D and Canon 20D. The algorithm he
developed and used pushed the files from 8 MP to around 50 MP (approx.
printed output), and due to commercial reasons the specific aspects of the
algorithm are not available."

So quite apart from you being treated as a mushroom (kept in the dark and
fed bull****) by your thieving mate, The truth is:

I did in fact respond to the challenge and as Gordon confirmed... Could do
exactly what I claimed to be able to do. Idiots like Charlie Stevens and
Bret Douglas are so jealous of anyone who can do something they can't, they
set about to create a load of lies and defamation rather than accept a
package of truth.

You know Drago... People who never amount to anything and live their lives
out in a fantasy, are the ones you really need to be wary of. Pricks like
you associate yourself with have a habit of turning like rabid dogs and
attacking you if you happen to point out their pictures are so heavily
cropped and over worked, they have no commercial value... Bret Douglas can't
handle that truth so he shows his true colours and attacks anyone who tells
him.

When you want the truth, Bret Douglas is absolutely to wrong person to ask
for it. Alan Browne and me are like fire and water. I still think he'd have
no reason to lie if you asked his opinion about the enlargement package I
sent him.

And yes... I get mighty ****ed off at a couple of red necked idiots who
refuse to accept any proof, (I offered to send the Chattanooga swine a
poster) and then set about making mischief and engaging in criminal
behaviour because they fear I might just be right. You have some nice mates
Draco... Watch you back mate.

Old May 14th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
XxYyZz

"Annika1980" wrote in message
On May 13, 6:49 pm, "Alienjones" wrote:
The truth is:

I did in fact respond to the challenge and as Gordon confirmed... Could do
exactly what I claimed to be able to do. Idiots like Charlie Stevens and
Bret Douglas are so jealous of anyone who can do something they can't, they
set about to create a load of lies and defamation rather than accept a
package of truth.

Bull****. You later admitted that the image you sent them was made
from a stitched image and not the original shot. Guess you forgot
about that, eh Gramps? I'm sure Mark has the appropriate cites for
you in his files.

OOOOH ! Caught in another lie Douglas. Can't you ever be trusted to just
tell the truth ? I guess that would be wishing for too much. And you wonder
why nobody believes you !

People who never amount to anything and live their lives
out in a fantasy, are the ones you really need to be wary of.
Pricks like you associate yourself with have a habit of
turning like rabid dogs and attacking you if you happen
to point out their pictures are so heavily cropped and over
worked, they have no commercial value... Bret Douglas can't
handle that truth so he shows his true colours and attacks anyone
who tells him.

D-Mac, at the risk of throwing you into another jealous rage I should
tell you that this month's issue of Diversity, Inc. magazine features
a photo of mine. It is the Kelly Tilghman photo that leads off the
article.
http://www.diversityinc.com/public/department86.cfm

And yes, I was paid for the use of the photo so please don't lecture
me about commercial value. I've had my pics published in 3 magazines
so far. I'm guessing that's 3 more than you have, unless you count
CRAP ILLUSTRATED.

Congrats Bret. Keep up the good work.

So **** off, loser. I'll keep selling my pics to magazines and you
keep printing yours on your imaginary printers to sell to imaginary
clients from your imaginary companies. Then you can go sailing on
your imaginary boat.

Douglas can only dream that someday he may have one of his crap photos
published.