Who thinks that the long term

Old April 26th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
measekite

Default Who thinks that the long term

Who thinks that the long term trend will be towards full frame DSLRs and away from the C size sensor.  If that is the case then one should never consider buying a DX or EF-S lens since they cannot work on a full frame.  And if you have both should you not purchase them either.

Or if the C sensor is here for the long terms then maybe the DX and EF-S lenses are a good deal.  They are lighter, cheaper, in some cases faster and appear good enough.  One case is the Canon 10-22 EF-S that even outclasses the Nikon12-?? DX.  That is not my opinion as I read it on the Ken Rockwell website and he is a pro Nikon photographer.
Old April 26th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charles[_2_]

"measekite" wrote in message t...
Who thinks that the long term trend will be towards full frame DSLRs and away from the C size sensor. If that is the case then one should never consider buying a DX or EF-S lens since they cannot work on a full frame. And if you have both should you not purchase them either.

Or if the C sensor is here for the long terms then maybe the DX and EF-S lenses are a good deal. They are lighter, cheaper, in some cases faster and appear good enough. One case is the Canon 10-22 EF-S that even outclasses the Nikon12-?? DX. That is not my opinion as I read it on the Ken Rockwell website and he is a pro Nikon photographer.

Get thee behind me Satin! TEMPTATION!

Just have a good time and, yes, the 10-22 is one heck of a lens for the price.

Full frame is not all it's cracked up to be. C sensors have a good life ahead of them.
Old April 26th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ali

At the moment I think that we are dealing with two different markets (but
with a cross-over for amateurs with money). Saying that, there will be more
than two because there are also 4/3", 2/3", 1/2", 1/3", sensor sizes, etc.

Personally, I think that other things will now start to be implemented other
than megapixels in the DSLR world. So, the focus will be more on what the
sensor captures such as dynamic range, sensitivity, etc.

Of course, it's inevitable that 35/36mm sensors will be the future for
DSLR's, especially with Sony pushing, but they will be at a premium over
APS-C for a few years yet.

Personally, as an amateur, I will sit on the fence. Afterall, I get what I
want out of my camera. The question you need to ask YOURSELF, is what do
you want out of your body.

t...

Old April 26th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor[_5_]

measekite wrote:
Who thinks that the long term trend will be towards full frame DSLRs and
away from the C size sensor. If that is the case then one should never
consider buying a DX or EF-S lens since they cannot work on a full
frame. And if you have both should you not purchase them either.

Or if the C sensor is here for the long terms then maybe the DX and EF-S
lenses are a good deal. They are lighter, cheaper, in some cases faster
and appear good enough. One case is the Canon 10-22 EF-S that even
outclasses the Nikon12-?? DX. That is not my opinion as I read it on
the Ken Rockwell website and he is a pro Nikon photographer.

I think that the long-term trend will be away from HTML-based Usenet
messages.
Old April 27th 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_5_]

Cynicor wrote:
measekite wrote:
Who thinks that the long term trend will be towards full frame DSLRs
and away from the C size sensor. If that is the case then one
should never consider buying a DX or EF-S lens since they cannot
work on a full frame. And if you have both should you not purchase
them either. Or if the C sensor is here for the long terms then maybe
the DX and
EF-S lenses are a good deal. They are lighter, cheaper, in some
cases faster and appear good enough. One case is the Canon 10-22
EF-S that even outclasses the Nikon12-?? DX. That is not my opinion
as I read it on the Ken Rockwell website and he is a pro Nikon
photographer.

I think that the long-term trend will be away from HTML-based Usenet
messages.

I didn't see the original post - perhaps because my news-server blocks
non-text posts in text-only newsgroups. Please post only text messages to
this newsgroup.

I am pleased with APS-C sized sensors because they allow my DSLR and
lenses to be somewhat smaller and lighter. Were they to disappear, most
likely I would have to change to the more expensive and noisier 4/3
system.

Be wary of what you read on the Web, as different people will have
different opinions according (at least) to what factors they judge as
important when assessing kit.

Cheers,
David