Raw plugin

Old August 27th 05, 11:27 PM
Father Kodak

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:58:53 GMT, kz8rt3 wrote:

In article AaRPe.554$wE1.289@trndny01,
Rod Williams wrote:

And if you are using window you have no reason to complain about Gates.

THAT STATEMENT has to be the on a Dave Letterman Top Ten
"Wrong-headed Statements of the Decade".

Pere Kodak

Old August 27th 05, 11:30 PM
Father Kodak

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:12:09 -0400, McLeod
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:17:33 GMT, John A. Stovall
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 03:33:52 GMT, Rod Williams
wrote:

Why doesn't Photoshop CS have a raw plugin for the Digital Rebel XT?
I think it sucks that you have to upgrade to a newer version of
Photoshop to get it. Is Adobe owned by Bill Gates? This sounds like
something he would do.

Just Upgrade. CS2 is a better product.
************************************************ ****

"The booksellers are generous liberal-minded men."

Samuel Johnson
"Life of Johnson" (J. Boswell), Vol. I, 1756

Adobe's upgrade path was ok with me until now. I have upgraded since
Photoshop 4, but now it looks like CS3 is on the way from the

Hey,

ANY successful software company is ALWAYS planning the next release
from the moment that the current release goes out the door. In fact,
probably while the current release is being developed. Microsoft
certainly does that, and so does the software company I work for.

Possibly even 2-3 releases out. The real issue for Adobe is when the
do native 64-bit support.

Padre Kodak

rumblings I hear on the internet. 3 new versions in about 2
years...it might be time to stop and make sure I really need it before
I buy.

Old August 28th 05, 02:52 AM
kz8rt3

Rod Williams wrote:

And if you are using window you have no reason to complain about Gates.

THAT STATEMENT has to be the on a Dave Letterman Top Ten
"Wrong-headed Statements of the Decade".

Pere Kodak

HE HE! No, read it again with your same feeling.

The users idiocy is the only reason that they are using windows.

They have no one to blame but themselves!

VIVA LA MACINTOSH!
Old August 28th 05, 10:37 PM
nick c

wrote:

Why doesn't Photoshop CS have a raw plugin for the Digital Rebel XT?
I think it sucks that you have to upgrade to a newer version of
Photoshop to get it. Is Adobe owned by Bill Gates? This sounds like
something he would do.

Just Upgrade. CS2 is a better product.
************************************************ ****

"The booksellers are generous liberal-minded men."

Samuel Johnson
"Life of Johnson" (J. Boswell), Vol. I, 1756

Adobe's upgrade path was ok with me until now. I have upgraded since
Photoshop 4, but now it looks like CS3 is on the way from the
rumblings I hear on the internet. 3 new versions in about 2
years...it might be time to stop and make sure I really need it before
I buy.

I tried CS2 and went back to CS. CS2 has some new features that may be
appealing, but comparing it to CS with my third party plugs-ins, I
actually wouldn't be buying much that is different than what I already
have. Then, I learned some of my favorite (costly) plug-ins either only
partially work or don't work at all in CS2. AFAIC, CS2 is over priced
and bloated. There is one thing CS2 has that appealed to me and that is
the 'Exposure" setting. But then I reasoned, I was doing well with the
'Levels' adjustments. One plug- in I have is fill-flash which saves me a
lot of time and it wouldn't work in CS2 but works in CS (Corel's Jasc
Paint Shop Pro has that feature built in). When using CS2, I sorta had
the feeling that Adobe was 'grouping' for changes to be made in their
software.

The big surprise was yet to be had. CS2 permeated my system to the
extent that removal was indeed a chore.
Old August 28th 05, 10:43 PM
nick c

John A. Stovall wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:24:42 -0700, "Abacus"
wrote:

. ..

********************************************* *******

"The booksellers are generous liberal-minded men."

Samuel Johnson
"Life of Johnson" (J. Boswell), Vol. I, 1756

Adobe's upgrade path was ok with me until now. I have upgraded since
Photoshop 4, but now it looks like CS3 is on the way from the
rumblings I hear on the internet. 3 new versions in about 2
years...it might be time to stop and make sure I really need it before
I buy.

CS2 to me had enough new features to make worth while.

I am considering upgrading, but before I do, I thought I'd ask. What are
some of the new features that you find useful?

Bridge, the new smart sharpen, new noise reduction (don't need Noise
Ninja now), the new features in RAW to name a few... I really like
working from Bridge and it's tagging features...

The buit-in noise reduction feature doesn't come close to being as good
as Noise Ninja, Neat Image, or Helicon Noise Filter (which is free). The
Bridge feature is good for tagging, if you don't have another ptogram
that will do the same job, but In general Bridge didn't appeal to me and
would often produce an 'Error' message.

-James Nachtwey-
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

Old August 29th 05, 01:03 AM
Cockpit Colin

"kz8rt3" wrote in message

VIVA LA MACINTOSH!

Yes ... 23 users (and dropping) cannot be wrong!

Old August 29th 05, 04:39 AM
kz8rt3

"Cockpit Colin" wrote:

"kz8rt3" wrote in message

VIVA LA MACINTOSH!

Yes ... 23 users (and dropping) cannot be wrong!

Logical Fallacy: Appeal to popularity. If I was the first one who
decided not to jump off a bridge I would be OK with it. :^P
Old August 30th 05, 07:56 AM
Betty J. Miller

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:03:40 +1200, "Cockpit Colin"
wrote:

"kz8rt3" wrote in message

VIVA LA MACINTOSH!

Yes ... 23 users (and dropping) cannot be wrong!

This is a gross exaggeration because almost five percent of computer
oiwners have Apples. So there!!!!