OFFICIAL RESULTS: rec.photo.digital.moderated poll

Old June 24th 04, 04:50 PM
Lionel

Default OFFICIAL RESULTS: rec.photo.digital.moderated poll

REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL.MODERATED

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POLL CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OFFICIAL RESULTS AFTER 7 DAYS:

IN FAVOR AS PROPOSED: 22 VOTES

IN FAVOR WITH CHANGES: 6 VOTES

AGAINST: 12 VOTES

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28

TOTAL AGAINST: 12

BREAKDOWN:

IN FAVOR AS PROPOSED

John McWilliams

Jack Pohler

Richard Cockburn

Kimberlee

Double D

Nuk

Bill

David Dyer-Bennet

Thad

Charlie

rs

Dean Humphries ±

Leroy Jolicoeur

Orville Wright

Steven Scharf

Charles Schuler

Tonci

lid

Anders Svensson

Paolo

Mike

Adam

IN FAVOR WITH CHANGES

Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Steve Young"

G.T.

Tony

Chuck

ittsy

NOT IN FAVOR

Bay Area Dave

Trevor S

Ron Hunter

Big Bill

Mxsmanic

George

Roger Halstead

Charles

Jerry Shaw

Webkatz

Chris G

Simone Wellington

THANKS!

LIONEL

Old June 24th 04, 05:08 PM
Simone Wellington

Lionel wrote:

NOT IN FAVOR

Simone Wellington

Lionel, this is an error. I voted for the proposal, not against it.

-Simon Wellington

Old June 24th 04, 05:20 PM
Steve Young

"Lionel" wrote in message
m...

REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL.MODERATED

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POLL CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops!

OFFICIAL RESULTS AFTER 7 DAYS:

IN FAVOR AS PROPOSED: 22 VOTES
IN FAVOR WITH CHANGES: 6 VOTES
AGAINST: 12 VOTES

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28
TOTAL AGAINST: 12

though it passed with the greater 2 to 1 yes votes
it didn't get the required 100 vote difference, so
YOU LOSE!

BREAKDOWN:

snippered

Old June 24th 04, 05:36 PM
Lionel

Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" stated
that:

"Lionel" wrote in message
om...

REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL.MODERATED

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POLL CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops!

OFFICIAL RESULTS AFTER 7 DAYS:

IN FAVOR AS PROPOSED: 22 VOTES
IN FAVOR WITH CHANGES: 6 VOTES
AGAINST: 12 VOTES

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28
TOTAL AGAINST: 12

though it passed with the greater 2 to 1 yes votes
it didn't get the required 100 vote difference, so
YOU LOSE!

It was a forgery, genius. You should learn to read headers.

Old June 24th 04, 05:41 PM
Steve Young

"Lionel" wrote in message
Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" stated
that:

"Lionel" wrote in message
om...

REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL.MODERATED

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POLL CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops!

OFFICIAL RESULTS AFTER 7 DAYS:

IN FAVOR AS PROPOSED: 22 VOTES
IN FAVOR WITH CHANGES: 6 VOTES
AGAINST: 12 VOTES

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28
TOTAL AGAINST: 12

though it passed with the greater 2 to 1 yes votes
it didn't get the required 100 vote difference, so
YOU LOSE!

It was a forgery, genius. You should learn to read headers.

so you're not ready to accept it as a loss!? grin

Old June 24th 04, 05:46 PM
Lionel

Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" stated
that:

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28
TOTAL AGAINST: 12

though it passed with the greater 2 to 1 yes votes
it didn't get the required 100 vote difference, so
YOU LOSE!

It was a forgery, genius. You should learn to read headers.

so you're not ready to accept it as a loss!? grin

You don't understand the difference between a poll & an actual vote?
I thought you'd spent time in news.groups?

Old June 24th 04, 07:13 PM
Alan Browne

One of the worst, weakest and lamest attempts at forgery that
have ever been seen around here.

Lionel didn't write:

snipped

Old June 24th 04, 07:36 PM

In news.groups Lionel wrote:
Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" stated
that:

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28
TOTAL AGAINST: 12

though it passed with the greater 2 to 1 yes votes
it didn't get the required 100 vote difference, so
YOU LOSE!

It was a forgery, genius. You should learn to read headers.

so you're not ready to accept it as a loss!? grin

You don't understand the difference between a poll & an actual vote?

I hate getting involved, but generally, a pre-RFD survey (if this
is one) shouldn't be expected to get as many participants as a real
Big-8 vote. Historically, that's been demonstrated repeatedly.
Pre-RFD surveys have gotten anywhere between 2-5 times FEWER
As such the main conclusion should only be based on the ratio
of FOR:AGAINST. Don't use pre-RFD surveys to predict the outcome
of the actual vote, either, as there are too many unknown variables.
Just use it to decide whether the proposal should go on to the
formal phases.

ru

--
My standard proposals rant:
Quality, usefulness, merit, or non-newsgroups popularity of a topic
Old June 24th 04, 07:54 PM
Lionel

Kibo informs me that stated that:

In news.groups Lionel wrote:
Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" stated
that:

TOTAL IN FAVOR: 28
TOTAL AGAINST: 12

though it passed with the greater 2 to 1 yes votes
it didn't get the required 100 vote difference, so
YOU LOSE!

It was a forgery, genius. You should learn to read headers.

so you're not ready to accept it as a loss!? grin

You don't understand the difference between a poll & an actual vote?

I hate getting involved, but generally, a pre-RFD survey (if this
is one)

Sort of. It's actually a straw poll to see if there's enough interest in
the group to make it worth the effort to write up a real proposal. I'm
also using it to gauge peoples' feelings on what sort of moderation
policies they'd prefer. Call it a pre-pre-RFD.

shouldn't be expected to get as many participants as a real
Big-8 vote. Historically, that's been demonstrated repeatedly.
Pre-RFD surveys have gotten anywhere between 2-5 times FEWER

Exactly.

As such the main conclusion should only be based on the ratio
of FOR:AGAINST. Don't use pre-RFD surveys to predict the outcome
of the actual vote, either, as there are too many unknown variables.
Just use it to decide whether the proposal should go on to the
formal phases.

nods

The troll who forged my email address to his post is also not very good
at counting. Plus, I've had quite a few "in favour, as proposed"
response via email from people who don't wish to be harassed by the
troll for publicly expressing their opinion.

I also hope to run a beta-test version of the proposed group on a
private news server, which will be a big help in debugging the mod-bot,
& will be invaluable in fine-tuning the moderation policies. I strongly
suspect that it will result in a huge "In favour" turn-out when it comes
to a genuine RFD/CFV.