Nikon F2A VF question

Old June 24th 04, 01:07 AM
sgfan3

Default Nikon F2A VF question

Hi All. I've got an unusual problem. Just picked up an F2 with the DP-11
finder (F2A) and I can't see the exposure info or shutter speed indicator
inside the viewfinder. I can see the ADR but that's it. I compared this
finder to another DP-11 that I have and I can see the info perfectly on the
new body as well as one that I've had for sometime. Any ideas where this VF
info is? TIA

Old June 24th 04, 08:28 AM
Chris Loffredo

sgfan3 wrote:
Hi All. I've got an unusual problem. Just picked up an F2 with the DP-11
finder (F2A) and I can't see the exposure info or shutter speed indicator
inside the viewfinder. I can see the ADR but that's it. I compared this
finder to another DP-11 that I have and I can see the info perfectly on the
new body as well as one that I've had for sometime. Any ideas where this VF
info is? TIA

Is the little window/skylight on top of the prism blocked or covered
over? (maybe you have a meter illuminator attached???)

Otherwise it sounds like a trip to ye olde repaire shoppe...

Chris

Old June 24th 04, 03:29 PM
sgfan3

Nope. I even looked through the finder while directing a flashlight into
the window. Nothing. Weird.

Old June 24th 04, 03:42 PM
Chris Loffredo

sgfan3 wrote:

Hi All. I've got an unusual problem. Just picked up an F2 with the DP-11
finder (F2A) and I can't see the exposure info or shutter speed

indicator

inside the viewfinder. I can see the ADR but that's it. I compared this
finder to another DP-11 that I have and I can see the info perfectly on

the

new body as well as one that I've had for sometime. Any ideas where this

VF

info is? TIA

Is the little window/skylight on top of the prism blocked or covered
over? (maybe you have a meter illuminator attached???)

Otherwise it sounds like a trip to ye olde repaire shoppe...

Chris

It sounds like the meter components have been taken out (used to fix
another one?).
If you are confident with a screwdriver, you could try opening it up to
see what's there. If important components really are missing, it would
probably be cheaper to get hold of another one than to fix yours.

Chris

Old June 24th 04, 09:08 PM
Chris Loffredo

sgfan3 wrote:
Hadn't thought of that. Maybe I'll have a look inside.

Thanks!

Good luck!

There were some good web pages on repairing photomics, which could have
been very useful (unfortunately I couldn't find the links). You might
want to search for them.
If you want help at some point, ask again, and I'll try to do what I can...

Chris

Old June 24th 04, 10:43 PM
sgfan3

Fixed!!! After I took the cover off and looked around for a few minutes, I
found that a tiny mirror had come off its mount. This mirror reflects the
image of the very same needle that is seen on the top of the finder. I
superglued the mirror in place, and wah lah! Works perfectly! Thanks for the
tip.