SI Furniture -The Duck comments

Old June 11th 13, 03:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
PhotoPhartz

Default SI Furniture -The Duck comments

PeterN wrote in news:51b687bd$0$10755
:

Looks more like a viola than a violin, to me

Nope, violin. Guarneri pattern. Actually I'm a self taught Irish fiddler.
Not a real "violinist".

--

Pat

email: phartzATcoxDOTnet
Old June 11th 13, 03:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
PhotoPhartz

otter wrote in
:

On Jun 10, 10:11*am, Savageduck
wrote:
SI Furnitu *http://www.pbase.com/shootin/furniture

Otter:
Furniture-01:
Nice bench and landscape. It might have been more interesting to have
the context what the bench was facing.

I suppose the bench facing away from the view is a little distracting,
but this was the best view from that location. It's not a "great"
shot in my opinion, just one that I had that fit the furniture
mandate.

I'd pretty much figured it for a golf course but me, I'd be lookin' at the
ocean.

As far as golf bench shots, I'm still partial to this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkes...et-72157622351
890447/lightbox/

I need to go back and revisit the post-processing on that one.

That shot has a nice feel to it too. I surely never know what to do when I
get a big bland sky like that.

--

Pat

email: phartzATcoxDOTnet
Old June 11th 13, 04:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
PeterN[_3_]

On 6/10/2013 10:51 PM, PhotoPhartz wrote:
PeterN wrote in news:51b687bd$0$10755
:

Looks more like a viola than a violin, to me

Nope, violin. Guarneri pattern. Actually I'm a self taught Irish fiddler.
Not a real "violinist".

It looks large for a violin, gut I'l take your word for it.

--
PeterN
Old June 11th 13, 06:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-06-10 21:17:59 -0700, Tony Cooper said:

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 08:11:42 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Tony Cooper:
I like the idea that you thought out of the box for this mandate. Each
of these has their charm. Nice!

Ta. I like unconventional subject matter. That's why I rarely do
flowers, birds, or landscapes. I figure if the subject is interesting
enough, it will cover up my lack of technical skills as a
photographer.

What I was really looking for was a couch or chair in a completely
alien place for a couch or chair...on the beach, in the woods, or
somewhere you wouldn't expect a couch or chair to be. Didn't find it,
and I'm surprised no one else did.

I did that for a past SI.
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/146416090

Today, I was driving down a back road and saw an old overstuffed chair
sitting in a lightly wooded area where someone had dumped it. I
passed it by thinking "Where were you when I needed you?".

Savageduck

Old June 11th 13, 10:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Noons

On 11/06/2013 12:58 PM, PhotoPhartz wrote:

As far as golf bench shots, I'm still partial to this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkes...et-72157622351
890447/lightbox/

I need to go back and revisit the post-processing on that one.

That shot has a nice feel to it too. I surely never know what to do when I
get a big bland sky like that.

Crop or frame it out?
Old June 11th 13, 01:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
PeterN[_3_]

wrote:

Tony Cooper:
I like the idea that you thought out of the box for this mandate. Each
of these has their charm. Nice!

Ta. I like unconventional subject matter. That's why I rarely do
flowers, birds, or landscapes. I figure if the subject is interesting
enough, it will cover up my lack of technical skills as a
photographer.

What I was really looking for was a couch or chair in a completely
alien place for a couch or chair...on the beach, in the woods, or
somewhere you wouldn't expect a couch or chair to be. Didn't find it,
and I'm surprised no one else did.

Today, I was driving down a back road and saw an old overstuffed chair
sitting in a lightly wooded area where someone had dumped it. I
passed it by thinking "Where were you when I needed you?".

That frequently happens in poker, where my first four card are spades, I
don't get another spade until the first card, next hand.

--
PeterN
Old June 11th 13, 01:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
otter

On Jun 11, 4:53*am, Noons wrote:
On 11/06/2013 12:58 PM, PhotoPhartz wrote:

As far as golf bench shots, I'm still partial to this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkes...et-72157622351
890447/lightbox/

I need to go back and revisit the post-processing on that one.

That shot has a nice feel to it too. *I surely never know what to do when I
get a big bland sky like that.

Crop or frame it out?

Yeah, sometimes I do that with gray skies. But to me gray skies are
not always a bad thing.
Old June 11th 13, 01:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
J. Clarke[_2_]

says...

wrote:

[...]

You know, I _almost_ had one of those. Was out hiking one day and came
upon a chair sitting facing a cliff edge--apparently somebody admired
the view enough to lug a chair up several miles of trail.
Unfortunately, that day my camera was in pieces at the bottom of that
same cliff. Yes, I am clumsy.
Old June 11th 13, 03:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
PeterN[_3_]

On 6/11/2013 8:41 AM, otter wrote:
On Jun 11, 4:53 am, Noons wrote:
On 11/06/2013 12:58 PM, PhotoPhartz wrote:

As far as golf bench shots, I'm still partial to this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkes...et-72157622351
890447/lightbox/

I need to go back and revisit the post-processing on that one.

That shot has a nice feel to it too. I surely never know what to do when I
get a big bland sky like that.

Crop or frame it out?

Yeah, sometimes I do that with gray skies. But to me gray skies are
not always a bad thing.

You can always add birds.

--
PeterN