[SI] Date change for "Street Photography" : now January 6th, 2013.

Old December 16th 12, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

Default [SI] Date change for "Street Photography" : now January 6th, 2013.

Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access. I need to delay the current mandate for a
week. I hope this doesn't have any negative effects on your shooting
schedules.

More into:

======================================

Time to stretch our skills and hit the streets! The new mandate,
"Street Photography," can provide big challenges, but the results can
be well worth it. If you aren't clear on what constitutes Street
Photography, well, visit this site for starters:

http://www.street-photographers.com/

Some good advice here, as well:

http://photo.net/learn/street/intro

Please not the following rules for this mandate:

No excessive post processing: what this means is that street shooting
is supposed to reflect reality, so excessive processing, like adding
or removing elements, using Photoshop filters to excess (adding grain
is OK, solarizing is not), and adding effects like starbursts are not
acceptable. Adjusting for exposure, color contrast, B&W conversions,
and adding grain to simulate old-style street shots is OK. I believe
there's enough lattitute in this mandate to offer sufficient
opportunities without having to resort to "painting" an image. This
mandate is designed to test your photographic skills, not your
Photoshop skills.

Due: December 30th, 2012
Start Date: November 22nd, 2012

The gallery is he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/street_photography

For additional information, please visit the rulz page:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

To submit photos, please send them he

shootinphotos aht gmail daht com

Now get out there and start shooting. And let's be careful out there.
Garry Winogrand's ghost is watching.

======================================
Old December 16th 12, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

--
"There were, unfortunately, no great principles on which parties
were divided – politics became a mere struggle for office."

Old December 17th 12, 10:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 17:28:22 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

I wish...

I'll be in a secure facility where they allow nothing. No cell phones,
nothing. I'll be basking by the warm glow of servers and large network
gear.

However, the evenings will be spent in a nice hotel with, I assume, a
fully functional bar. And single malt is always an excellent choice.

As is cognac, whiskey, bourbon...
Old December 17th 12, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

I wish...

I'll be in a secure facility where they allow nothing. No cell phones,
nothing.

You are spending Xmas in the County jail!!

I'll be basking by the warm glow of servers and large network
gear.

Oh!

However, the evenings will be spent in a nice hotel with, I assume, a
fully functional bar. And single malt is always an excellent choice.

As is cognac, whiskey, bourbon...

....and perhaps, complimentary WiFi.

Savageduck

Old December 18th 12, 12:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

wrote:

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

I wish...

I'll be in a secure facility where they allow nothing. No cell phones,
nothing. I'll be basking by the warm glow of servers and large network
gear.

Suckz. (Did something like that some many years ago - people with
rifles who looked at me with menace when I left the Tempest room without
an escort... not even phone lines in there).

However, the evenings will be spent in a nice hotel with, I assume, a
fully functional bar. And single malt is always an excellent choice.

As is cognac, whiskey, bourbon...

Drink plenty of water before bed time ...

Old December 19th 12, 01:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

wrote:

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

I wish...

I'll be in a secure facility where they allow nothing. No cell phones,
nothing. I'll be basking by the warm glow of servers and large network
gear.

Suckz. (Did something like that some many years ago - people with
rifles who looked at me with menace when I left the Tempest room without
an escort... not even phone lines in there).

However, the evenings will be spent in a nice hotel with, I assume, a
fully functional bar. And single malt is always an excellent choice.

As is cognac, whiskey, bourbon...

Drink plenty of water before bed time ...

"I don't drink water. Fish **** in it."

W. C. Fields
Old December 19th 12, 02:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

wrote:

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

I wish...

I'll be in a secure facility where they allow nothing. No cell phones,
nothing.

You are spending Xmas in the County jail!!

Sure seems like it. But, as you know, some IT stuff can only be done
during shutdowns. Oh, well. The money is good. Double time!

I'll be basking by the warm glow of servers and large network
gear.

Oh!

However, the evenings will be spent in a nice hotel with, I assume, a
fully functional bar. And single malt is always an excellent choice.

As is cognac, whiskey, bourbon...

...and perhaps, complimentary WiFi.

Yeah, for my iPhone. No big deal, really. Just another job.
Old December 28th 12, 06:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Peter[_18_]

wrote:

On 2012.12.16 11:11 , Bowser wrote:
Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access.

I hope that implies a fireplace and single malt in the evenings after
long days on the trails ...

I wish...

I'll be in a secure facility where they allow nothing. No cell phones,
nothing. I'll be basking by the warm glow of servers and large network
gear.

However, the evenings will be spent in a nice hotel with, I assume, a
fully functional bar. And single malt is always an excellent choice.

As is cognac, whiskey, bourbon...

Though to beat a Martell Cordon Bleu

--
PeterN