My Favorite Photos of 2011

Old January 12th 12, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Eric Stevens

Default My Favorite Photos of 2011

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 11:14:15 -0800 (PST), Annika1980
wrote:

On Jan 12, 2:41*am, tony cooper wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 21:14:52 -0800 (PST), Annika1980

wrote:
Here is a little gallery of 100 of my favorite pics that I took in
2011.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11086...bums/569660624...

WHO RULES ???

I was thinking of you recently. *One of the groups that marched in the
Orlando Citrus Bowl Parade was The Villages Twirlers. *The Villages is
a large retirement community in Florida. *These babes learned baton
tossing when they were in high school in the 1940s or so.

Some were as chunky as the twirlers you've posted images of, but they
wear looser costumes to allow for the bulge of Depends. *These gals
have grit. *It isn't easy to march a whole parade route with varicose
veins and stainless steel knees and hips.

http://www.thevillagestwirlers.com/main8.jpg(Not my photo)

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Here is some irony for ya. The lady who was my next door neighbor
when I was a kid is now 72 and retired. She and her husband recently
rented a home at The Villages for a month. She was also an ex-
majorette and a twirler, but to my knowledge wasn't in the group you
mentioned. Perhaps she was considering it.
I say "was" because she was tragically killed in a car crash on New
Years Day. Perhaps you saw the story.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...outhbound-lane

It sounds as though she wasn't wearing a seat belt. :-(

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old January 13th 12, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

:
: wrote:
[...]
: --
: Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
:
: Here is some irony for ya. The lady who was my next door neighbor
: when I was a kid is now 72 and retired. She and her husband recently
: rented a home at The Villages for a month. She was also an ex-
: majorette and a twirler, but to my knowledge wasn't in the group you
: mentioned. Perhaps she was considering it.
: I say "was" because she was tragically killed in a car crash on New
: Years Day. Perhaps you saw the story.
: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...outhbound-lane
:
: It sounds as though she wasn't wearing a seat belt. :-(

Damn. The same thing occurred to me.

Bob (who has worn seat belts since he had them installed on his 1961 Porsche)
Old January 13th 12, 09:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:42:48 -0500, tony cooper
wrote:
: You've probably read about The Villages if you follow politics. It's
: a Conservative Republican stronghold and a must-stop for any GOP

BTW, that stands for "Greedy Overbearing Plutocracy".

: candidate. Palin, McCain, Romney, and all the current GOP candidates
: have made several appearances there. It's where many of the 1% go to
: retire.
:
: The day I was there, the Duchess of York was the guest of honor.

She was probably there to sell Tupperware.

Bob
Old January 13th 12, 10:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pete A

wrote:
: You've probably read about The Villages if you follow politics. It's
: a Conservative Republican stronghold and a must-stop for any GOP

BTW, that stands for "Greedy Overbearing Plutocracy".

: candidate. Palin, McCain, Romney, and all the current GOP candidates
: have made several appearances there. It's where many of the 1% go to
: retire.
:
: The day I was there, the Duchess of York was the guest of honor.

She was probably there to sell Tupperware.

Such a prude, just think of how she could've transformed the UK economy
by promoting Ann Summers products.

Old January 14th 12, 01:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pete A

wrote:
: You've probably read about The Villages if you follow politics. It's
: a Conservative Republican stronghold and a must-stop for any GOP

BTW, that stands for "Greedy Overbearing Plutocracy".

: candidate. Palin, McCain, Romney, and all the current GOP candidates
: have made several appearances there. It's where many of the 1% go to
: retire.
:
: The day I was there, the Duchess of York was the guest of honor.

She was probably there to sell Tupperware.

Such a prude, just think of how she could've transformed the UK economy
by promoting Ann Summers products.

That would be "Victoria's Secret" over here, but - obviously - your
Victoria is not associated with crotchless panties.

If she was, I guess the press would've got hold of it - so to speak.
All we seem to have here it a crotchless press. I can't even claim
"That's ironed that out."