[SI] New mandate - The letter U

Old January 11th 12, 12:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default [SI] New mandate - The letter U

Having hacked Bowser's computer I've taken over the SI. Bwahahahaha.

However, if a sterling SI photog would like to take over in a couple
mandates from now, that would be, well, darned nice of you.

The next mandate is things beginning with the letter "U".

3 photos per photog.

Recall the naming format: mandate, name, phot-number.

eg: U_Lisa_Horton_1.jpg

Try to keep files under the 300 kB size limit.

1200 x 800 (pixels W x H) is suggested as compatible with most monitors
these days.

Submission address is as befo

DUE DATE: 2012.02.12

Rulz:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Those who submit photos may also suggest the next mandate for submission
to the committee - though I'm already leaning to Tony's "Working",
though maybe "Workers" would be better.

Thanks to Bowser as SI.Mod for the last year or so...

--
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."
Douglas Adams - (Could have been a GPS engineer).
Old January 11th 12, 02:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

:
[...]

I rather like "Working", on the grounds that it's a bit more general.
Arguably, even inanimate objects (a windmill, a ferry boat, a tired old
locomotive) can "work". Many animals work too, but I guess they do qualify as
workers.

: Thanks to Bowser as SI.Mod for the last year or so...

Time flies as age creeps up on us, Alan. Would you believe that Bowser took
over the SI from you on October 30, 2008?

Bob
Old January 11th 12, 07:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

wrote:

Having hacked Bowser's computer I've taken over the SI. Bwahahahaha.

However, if a sterling SI photog would like to take over in a couple
mandates from now, that would be, well, darned nice of you.

The next mandate is things beginning with the letter "U".

3 photos per photog.

Recall the naming format: mandate, name, phot-number.

eg: U_Lisa_Horton_1.jpg

Try to keep files under the 300 kB size limit.

1200 x 800 (pixels W x H) is suggested as compatible with most monitors
these days.

I have a vast archive of "U" images: under-exposed, unfocused, and
uninteresting.

Now THAT'S funny!

I routinely trash them. It takes a bit of work.
Old January 11th 12, 07:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

wrote:

[...]

Cheers to Alan for stepping up and continuing the shoot-in!

thanks...
Old January 11th 12, 07:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

wrote:

Having hacked Bowser's computer I've taken over the SI. Bwahahahaha.

However, if a sterling SI photog would like to take over in a couple
mandates from now, that would be, well, darned nice of you.

The next mandate is things beginning with the letter "U".

3 photos per photog.

Recall the naming format: mandate, name, phot-number.

eg: U_Lisa_Horton_1.jpg

Try to keep files under the 300 kB size limit.

1200 x 800 (pixels W x H) is suggested as compatible with most monitors
these days.

I have a vast archive of "U" images: under-exposed, unfocused, and
uninteresting.

We're unmoved by your useless, unqualified, unusable images.

Shoot something nU !