[SI] Bowser Retiring

Old November 25th 11, 12:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Walter Banks

Default [SI] Bowser Retiring

I am sorry to hear that. You have brought us some interesting mandates
and attracted some interesting submissions. I know that the monthly
stream of abuse and whining makes you feel sore and tired.

Take it from me, I for one appreciate what you have done.

Walter..

Bowser wrote:

OK, this mandate is my last. I'm looking for someone to take over the
Shoot-In, so if you're interested, let me know and I'll arrange send
the account passwords. No reason, I'm just tired of doing it and I
think it needs some new blood.

Old November 25th 11, 04:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 19:10:41 -0500, Walter Banks
wrote:

I am sorry to hear that. You have brought us some interesting mandates
and attracted some interesting submissions. I know that the monthly
stream of abuse and whining makes you feel sore and tired.

Honestly, the trolls have nothing to to with it. I just feel I've gone
stale, and the shoot-in needs something new. It's been a good run, and
I've enjoyed it, but I need to step aside.

FWIW, I think anyone my age has had to deal with the likes of 'net
trolls for their entire life. Their like is nothing new, and they'll
be around forever, internet or not. We've all had to deal with those
whose entire lot in life seems to be to tear down what others
accomplish, while they themselves accomplish nothing. They need to
knock someone else down in order to make themselves feel better. They
come from all walks of life, and are, at best, pathetic. I've chosen,
for the most part, to ignore them.

I plan to continue tp participate in the discussions here, and I'm
hoping someone else will give it a go with the shoot-in. If not, no
big deal. There's lots of other "shoot-ins" available, like the
challenges on DP Review. But even those have gone stale and some of
the topics haven't even drawn a single submitter.

Anyway, I plan to try and shoot a few pix for the last mandate, as
always, and wait for the comments that usually follow, which are my
favorite part. Always nice to hear another opinion, positive or
"constructive."

Old November 25th 11, 05:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

Bowser wrote:

OK, this mandate is my last. I'm looking for someone to take over the
Shoot-In, so if you're interested, let me know and I'll arrange send
the account passwords. No reason, I'm just tired of doing it and I
think it needs some new blood.

I understand burnout well. But the trolls accelerate the process, no
matter how much you claim they don't.

--
Peter
Old November 26th 11, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

Bowser wrote:

OK, this mandate is my last. I'm looking for someone to take over the
Shoot-In, so if you're interested, let me know and I'll arrange send
the account passwords. No reason, I'm just tired of doing it and I
think it needs some new blood.

I understand burnout well. But the trolls accelerate the process, no
matter how much you claim they don't.

Truth is, it was them who kept me going for a while. Their constant
whining about the shoot-in gave me all the reason I needed to at least
attempt to keep it going. If I could **** them off one more day, I
feel I succeeded.

They remain irrelevant to me, really.

NYC, eh? Hmm..... I'm only 255 miles away.

:-)
Old November 26th 11, 01:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

Bowser wrote:

OK, this mandate is my last. I'm looking for someone to take over the
Shoot-In, so if you're interested, let me know and I'll arrange send
the account passwords. No reason, I'm just tired of doing it and I
think it needs some new blood.

I understand burnout well. But the trolls accelerate the process, no
matter how much you claim they don't.

Truth is, it was them who kept me going for a while. Their constant
whining about the shoot-in gave me all the reason I needed to at least
attempt to keep it going. If I could **** them off one more day, I
feel I succeeded.

They remain irrelevant to me, really.

NYC, eh? Hmm..... I'm only 255 miles away.

Set a date by email. I will give you availability. Also, we try to spend
some time in Maine, or Upstate NY, which is a lot closer. But that's not
until at least late June, at the earliest.

--
Peter
Old November 26th 11, 02:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Allen[_3_]

Bowser, I want to thank you for brightening my life with your mandates,
the pictures

that are submitted and the often interesting discussions that ensue. I
have often wanted to join in,

but I am home bound and even bedridden most of the time. I first
developed a serious interest in photography

at age 11, 71 years ago, and though my activities are severely limited
I truly enjoy seeing what others

are doing. I hope that someone will take over your highly-paid job and
keep the mandates flowing.
Old November 26th 11, 12:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 01:38:32 +0000, Bruce
wrote:

Bowser wrote:
Truth is, it was them who kept me going for a while. Their constant
whining about the shoot-in gave me all the reason I needed to at least
attempt to keep it going. If I could **** them off one more day, I
feel I succeeded.

They remain irrelevant to me, really.

The last sentence is *totally contradicted* by the previous paragraph!

Conclusion: Bowser is talking crap, as usual.

Nice to see that I'm still in your empty head.

See if you can follow this:

Your whining kept me going.

YOU are irrelevant.

Further explanations mean that you admit to being brain dead.
Old November 26th 11, 07:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:38:53 +0000, Bruce
wrote:

Bowser wrote:
See if you can follow this:

Your whining kept me going.

YOU are irrelevant.

So I'm the one who kept you going, but I'm irrelevant?

Last time: the whining of irrelevant trolls gave me reason to keep
going. Not you. Definitely not you. Good bye, and good, you're
history.

Moron.

You just won Oxymoron of the Year 2011.

(Conclusion: Bowser is still talking crap, as usual.)

Old November 26th 11, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2011-11-26 14:52 , Bruce wrote:

complete laughing stock:

http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000a.jpg
http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000b.jpg
http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000c.jpg
http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000d.jpg

Those certainly are laughing stock. And I don't mean the trains.

;-)

--
"I see!" said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.