Lunchtime for Lynx

Old September 9th 04, 06:38 PM
Dallas

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 19:36:34 +0000, William Graham wrote:

And how about the 100 mm f/2.5 , and 75-150 mm Zoom f/2.5 "E" types? these
two are legendary for their sharpness, fine optics, and good
bokeh.....They are AIS lenses, and you can buy both for under $100
each....The zoom was used by N.Y. fashion photographers for years.....

I much prefer you when you are not talking politics, William! ;-)

--
Dallas www.dallasdahms.com
"Going down a dirty inner city side road I plotted

Old September 9th 04, 06:39 PM
Dallas

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 19:46:02 +0000, Brian C. Baird wrote:

Those of us who have advanced beyond being totally reliant on TTL
metering don't find it a problem at all.

Well great. The market is in your favor at the moment. Doesn't mean ****
beyond that.

Who said it did?

My next lens purchase will probably be a 14mm Nikkor. If I can find one
for under $500, even if it is MF only, I will probably buy it, use it
and shoot in RAW mode. Using Nikon Capture 4.0 I can adjust my exposures
either -2 or +2 EV, in steps of 0.05EV at a time (if I so desire) long
after I have left the place of shooting.

Well, hooray for you.

What's a 14mm f/2.8 Canon EF lens sell for?

You mean that amazing USM pro series lens? It sells for what it's worth
to the people who need it.

I see you have elected to avoid answering the question. What does it sell
for? Let's see...I have the March issue of the B&H catalog in front of me
and...by jove! The grey imported Canon 14mm f/2.8L USM sells for gasp!
$1724.95!!! Lessee now...the new Nikkor 14mm f/2.8 ED sells for $1,234.95.
$490 less. Geez...is the Canon really worth all that extra $$$? Yep, you
really do need that USM motor when you are composing a landscape.

I wonder what I could get a used AIS Nikkor for?

Old September 9th 04, 10:21 PM
William Graham

"Dallas" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 19:36:34 +0000, William Graham wrote:

And how about the 100 mm f/2.5 , and 75-150 mm Zoom f/2.5 "E" types?

these
two are legendary for their sharpness, fine optics, and good
bokeh.....They are AIS lenses, and you can buy both for under $100
each....The zoom was used by N.Y. fashion photographers for years.....

I much prefer you when you are not talking politics, William! ;-)

Yes.....You, my wife, friends, and even me prefer me when I am not talking
politics. But this is a bad year....:^)

Old September 10th 04, 01:40 AM
John McWilliams

William Graham wrote:

"Dallas" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 19:36:34 +0000, William Graham wrote:

And how about the 100 mm f/2.5 , and 75-150 mm Zoom f/2.5 "E" types?

these

two are legendary for their sharpness, fine optics, and good
bokeh.....They are AIS lenses, and you can buy both for under $100
each....The zoom was used by N.Y. fashion photographers for years.....

I much prefer you when you are not talking politics, William! ;-)

Yes.....You, my wife, friends, and even me prefer me when I am not talking
politics. But this is a bad year....:^)

Which might indicate more restraint, not less, in talking politics in a
photog. group.

I know, I know, someone will always come along to pick at you, but with
firm resolve, you can.......just not reply.

--
John McWilliams

Old September 10th 04, 04:26 PM
Dallas

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 00:40:19 +0000, John McWilliams wrote:

Which might indicate more restraint, not less, in talking politics in a
photog. group.

I know, I know, someone will always come along to pick at you, but with
firm resolve, you can.......just not reply.

Obviously your firm resolve deserted you in the "Canon stomps Nikon"
thread.