OT - New Photography

Old July 6th 11, 04:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

Default OT - New Photography

On 2011-07-04 23:05:52 -0700, Lewis Lang said:

For those that still remember me (and the many that don't) here's a
quick plug for my new photography/style FLAGISM on
fineartamerica.com:

Lewis

*This message has been cross-posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Actually you posted the same information 6 times to this NG, and with
regard to cross posting to r.p.d.slrs you didn't X-post, you just
duplicated the post posted. It probably would have been if you had
X-posted.

That said, you have produced some interesting work, but using
fineartamerica.com with their marketing gallery, your sharing has a
hint of SPAM.

Savageduck

Old July 6th 11, 01:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

On 2011-07-04 23:05:52 -0700, Lewis Lang said:

For those that still remember me (and the many that don't) here's a
quick plug for my new photography/style FLAGISM on
fineartamerica.com:

Lewis

Hi Lewis!!!!

Wondering where you've been all this while.

Unfortunately if you post with @gmail.com in your "from" my reader
filters you out. So I'm replying via 'duck's post.

Gotta run, but I'll check your site out later.

Cheers,
Alan.

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.
Old July 7th 11, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Lewis Lang wrote:
Even though Alan won't be able to see this unless its quote by someone
else w/out gmail,, how do I post to Google groups without a Google
gmail? I'm not really interested in getting a newsreader since I'm on
the newsgroups a lot less these days... Anybody? Anybody?

Probably can't. He plonked GG because it's also easy for spammers,
though it doesn't bad at all these days, there were mountains of spam
from them for a long time.

I've had to filter out Forte Agent newsreader users to block posts and
sub-threads from the P&S troll (though I can white-list known good guys)
and wow, what a relief... *lots* less junk and vitriol. I probably miss
some good stuff but it's totally worth it!

On Jul 6, 8:43 am, Alan

Old July 7th 11, 05:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 19:29:56 -0700, Paul Furman
wrote:

I've had to filter out Forte Agent newsreader users to block posts and
sub-threads from the P&S troll (though I can white-list known good guys)
and wow, what a relief... *lots* less junk and vitriol. I probably miss
some good stuff but it's totally worth it!

Since I'm filtered out as a Forte user, can I call you names and make
faces at you?

Mothboy seems to have found other places to play. Perhaps he booked a
cruise with Sisker.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 7th 11, 06:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

I've had to filter out Forte Agent newsreader users to block posts and
sub-threads from the P&S troll (though I can white-list known good guys)
and wow, what a relief... *lots* less junk and vitriol. I probably miss
some good stuff but it's totally worth it!

Since I'm filtered out as a Forte user, can I call you names and make
faces at you?

Aah! but you are using Forte 1.93.32.576. The individual in Minnesota
seems fixed on a different edition.

Mothboy seems to have found other places to play. Perhaps he booked a
cruise with Sisker.

Come to think of it, I don't recall them ever participating in the same thread.

Oh! That's a silly idea, John never seemed to be put off by sunlight,
buffets, or bathrooms, and emerging above ground level in daylight
might finish the "unmentionable" one off for good.

Savageduck

Old July 7th 11, 07:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

wrote:

I've had to filter out Forte Agent newsreader users to block posts and
sub-threads from the P&S troll (though I can white-list known good guys)
and wow, what a relief... *lots* less junk and vitriol. I probably miss
some good stuff but it's totally worth it!

Since I'm filtered out as a Forte user, can I call you names and make
faces at you?

I've got you double-filtered back on (white-listed).
1~if [known email] stop filter~
2~trash forte posters~

Mothboy seems to have found other places to play. Perhaps he booked a
cruise with Sisker.

Oh nice, I can turn that off then. I'll try and see.

I guess it's mostly just RichA Apple/Fuji/Oly bashing threads these days
anyways ;-)
Old July 7th 11, 01:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

On 2011-07-06 22:29 , Paul Furman wrote:
Lewis Lang wrote:
Even though Alan won't be able to see this unless its quote by someone
else w/out gmail,, how do I post to Google groups without a Google
gmail? I'm not really interested in getting a newsreader since I'm on
the newsgroups a lot less these days... Anybody? Anybody?

Hi Lewis,

If possible, please install a newsreader. Not that hard and definitely
free (for many NG readers). If you can't do it for me, please do it for
your country!

I'd hate to miss one of your more creative warped writings...!

Otherwise I'll have to count on largely un-snipped replies from the like
of Paul...

Cheers,
Alan

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.
Old July 7th 11, 02:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

wrote:

I've had to filter out Forte Agent newsreader users to block posts and
sub-threads from the P&S troll (though I can white-list known good guys)
and wow, what a relief... *lots* less junk and vitriol. I probably miss
some good stuff but it's totally worth it!

Since I'm filtered out as a Forte user, can I call you names and make
faces at you?

Aah! but you are using Forte 1.93.32.576. The individual in Minnesota
seems fixed on a different edition.

My version is one of the very early ones. I have refused to update to
the newer Forte versions. What I have works well for me. It is not
lacking in any aspect. I have found that updating from a satisfactory
version of software to an "improved" version often leads to being
saddled with a less satisfactory version.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 8th 11, 12:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Eric Stevens

wrote:

I've had to filter out Forte Agent newsreader users to block posts and
sub-threads from the P&S troll (though I can white-list known good guys)
and wow, what a relief... *lots* less junk and vitriol. I probably miss
some good stuff but it's totally worth it!

Since I'm filtered out as a Forte user, can I call you names and make
faces at you?

Aah! but you are using Forte 1.93.32.576. The individual in Minnesota
seems fixed on a different edition.

My version is one of the very early ones. I have refused to update to
the newer Forte versions. What I have works well for me. It is not
lacking in any aspect. I have found that updating from a satisfactory
version of software to an "improved" version often leads to being
saddled with a less satisfactory version.

Well, I can assure you that that is not the case with Forte
6.00/32.1186.

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old July 18th 11, 01:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 07:27:25 -0700, ASCII wrote:
: tony cooper wrote:
: (Forte 1.93.32.576)
:
: My version is one of the very early ones. I have refused to update to
: the newer Forte versions. What I have works well for me. It is not
: lacking in any aspect. I have found that updating from a satisfactory
: version of software to an "improved" version often leads to being
: saddled with a less satisfactory version.
:
: That's the version I use,
: although I hacked the 4ax out of it so you'd hardly guess.
: I think 1.93.32.576 is about where they peaked with the improvements
: and only 'upgraded' for the generation of revenue. Any filtration beyond
: what's included can be accomplished with [nfilter] http://www.nfilter.org/

I use what I think is the latest version of Agent, and it does have some nice
improvements over the 1.x.x versions I once used. The concept of "desks", for
example, lets me call for new headers from all the photography newsgroups at
once.

But it still preserves one of Agent's original bugs: When you try to read the
last article of a newsgroup's last thread, it kicks you out of the newsgroup.

Bob