[SI] Next Mandate: The Letter "S"

Old June 20th 11, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

Default [SI] Next Mandate: The Letter "S"

Time for another "letter" mandate, this time, "S." Send me shots of any
thing that begins with the letter S. Statues. Snowmobiles. Scooters.
Streetwalkers. But no adjectives. Don't submit a picture of some
relative and label it "stupid uncle."

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s

The Shoot-In is a monthly excercise that's been going on monthly since,
well, a long time ago. The first mandate was due August 3rd, 2003. There
are no prizes, only prized comments from other shooters. For more info,
see the Rulz page he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Now find something interesting, maybe a Skylark, and shoot it. We all
look forward to your shots and participation.
Old June 21st 11, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter Chant[_5_]

Bowser wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s

If I pull my finger out and do this one I'd better not repeat my 'M'
submission - unless I can radically improve on it.

(Paper cut out of an 'M').

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
Old June 22nd 11, 12:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

On 6/21/2011 4:51 PM, Peter Chant wrote:
Bowser wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s

If I pull my finger out and do this one I'd better not repeat my 'M'
submission - unless I can radically improve on it.

(Paper cut out of an 'M').

No worries. Find a statue of a "rubenesque" woman and send me a few
shots of that. Those are always good. Go to a sub shop and shoot a pic
of your sandwich. Head for Brown's in Seabrook, order some steamers and
shoot a pic of that. Steamers from Seabrook is a double. Go to hear some
politicians shoot of their massive volumes of hot air and shoot a pic of
the speaker. The shot of the politician has multiples, too, since the
pol is a speaker, scumbag, slime, etc. I'd say ****head, too, but we
should maintain our normal high levels of decorum around here. If
politicians turn your stomach head to the beach or desert and shoot some
pix of sand.

Anyway, go forth and shoot. Images shot with cameras whose names begin
with the letter S get bonus points.
Old June 23rd 11, 02:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Bowser wrote:

[...]

Does Sony count as an adjective or a noun? Can I take a picture of a Sony?

Old June 23rd 11, 02:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 19:52:43 -0400, Bowser wrote:
: On 6/21/2011 4:51 PM, Peter Chant wrote:
: Bowser wrote:
:
:
[...]

"S" is spelled "C" in Cyrillic. If you get my drift.

Bob
Old June 23rd 11, 03:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:26:21 -0400, Bowser wrote:
: Time for another "letter" mandate, this time, "S." Send me shots of any
: thing that begins with the letter S. Statues. Snowmobiles. Scooters.
: Streetwalkers. But no adjectives. Don't submit a picture of some
: relative and label it "stupid uncle."
:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s
:
: The Shoot-In is a monthly excercise that's been going on monthly since,
: well, a long time ago. The first mandate was due August 3rd, 2003. There
: are no prizes, only prized comments from other shooters. For more info,
: see the Rulz page he
:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
:
: Now find something interesting, maybe a Skylark, and shoot it. We all
: look forward to your shots and participation.

I'll have to call that bet. Martha and I are Speeding to Rhode Island in early
July for a Super Summer reunion in our daughter's SO's family. One of our
granddaughters is named Sophie. And our Son-in-law is named Shep.

But Seriously, any Shot Submitted to the Shoot-In is an "s", right?

There are no Skylarks around here. Only Seagulls Sunning themselves near the
Surf.

Bob
Old June 23rd 11, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-06-20 11:26:21 -0700, Bowser said:

Time for another "letter" mandate, this time, "S." Send me shots of any
thing that begins with the letter S. Statues. Snowmobiles. Scooters.
Streetwalkers. But no adjectives. Don't submit a picture of some
relative and label it "stupid uncle."

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s

The Shoot-In is a monthly excercise that's been going on monthly since,
well, a long time ago. The first mandate was due August 3rd, 2003.
There are no prizes, only prized comments from other shooters. For more
info, see the Rulz page he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Now find something interesting, maybe a Skylark, and shoot it. We all
look forward to your shots and participation.

Now I have to hunt down San Luis Obisoans, San Miguelians, Salinans,
San Antonians, etc.

Savageduck

Old June 23rd 11, 12:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

On 6/22/2011 10:00 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:26:21 -0400, wrote:
[...]

You might get some interesting shots.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=seagull

--
Peter
Old June 23rd 11, 12:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

On 2011-06-20 11:26:21 -0700, Bowser said:

Time for another "letter" mandate, this time, "S." Send me shots of
any thing that begins with the letter S. Statues. Snowmobiles.
Scooters. Streetwalkers. But no adjectives. Don't submit a picture of
some relative and label it "stupid uncle."

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s

The Shoot-In is a monthly excercise that's been going on monthly
since, well, a long time ago. The first mandate was due August 3rd,
2003. There are no prizes, only prized comments from other shooters.
For more info, see the Rulz page he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Now find something interesting, maybe a Skylark, and shoot it. We all
look forward to your shots and participation.

Now I have to hunt down San Luis Obisoans, San Miguelians, Salinans, San
Antonians, etc.

Shooting seaside sunsets, seriously skinny skyscrapers at sunrise,
before the searing sun scars your skin.

--
Peter
Old June 23rd 11, 01:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Bowser wrote:

[...]

You could, but that's really, really lazy. Plus I've already used that
one for one of my shots.

Kidding...

Let's avoid proper names.