Hey Noons, Has it Really Been 6 Months?

Old June 4th 09, 11:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Default Hey Noons, Has it Really Been 6 Months?

Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 4/06/2009 2:44 PM:

Wow, never seen gray water before.

Haven't you? I just knew you never even looked atr the crap you post!
Here is some:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/113159283/large

Old June 4th 09, 11:20 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"DMac" wrote in message
Annika1980 wrote:
On Jun 3, 7:36 pm, DMac wrote:
http://www.d-mac.info/pix/speeder.jpg
Go on... Just ask for the full size pic and you'll get it! Where's the
blown highlights? None. Noon in the middle of summer 32 degrees Celsius.

Wow, never seen gray water before.
Although that pic is nothing special, it is one of the best you've
ever posted.
Perhaps you could get your ugly brides to jet ski?

While we're posting boat pics....

Nah... It's hard enough getting them to pay. Especially after I show them
your wedding photography of Lurch and whats-her-name. You still doing
portraits with a 10mm lens? LOL.

you still doing wedding photography with your brides family stuffing their
faces in a stairwell ?
or maybe the one legged groom, or the family portrait with half the people
not even looking at the camera, some kids shirt blown out by a sun beam
while the rest are so dark its difficult to even make out their expressions
and background tree's sticking out of their heads :-) LOL

Oh BTW, when will you qualify for GST status again, you mentioned looking
next month. Does that mean that your FINALLY going to qualify and all those
times you told us you were Brisbane's most successful wedding photographer
were just lies ??
--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]

Old June 4th 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
DMac

Annika1980 wrote:
On Jun 4, 6:16 am, Noons wrote:
Wow, never seen gray water before.

Haven't you? I just knew you never even looked atr the crap you post!
Here is some:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/113159283/large

And I thought that Dudley was the only blind guy here.

Curious isn't it? Spray is white but if you post a picture with anywhere
between 246 and 255 of white in the spray, you get accused of posting a
photo with blown areas.

When you figure out how to display detail in white without adding grey
or black, let us all know mate. Until then white requiring detail to be
presented in a visual display made up of only 3 colours will have tones
of grey to represent what the human eye sees as detail in the spray.

It's actually shadows caused by multiple drops of water and because
water is clear, and a moderate transmitter of light whilst acting as a
diffuser of it, trying to reproduce visible difference on a computer
screen between 250 and 255 is not as easy as it looks!

Even making a photograph that reproduces the detail in spray is
impossible. The paper you print a photograph on is not white in the
first place. Nor is the background of a computer screen. The phosphor
used to coat a picture tube and the colour of a LED used in LED monitors
is not white. My backlit monitors that cost more than your camera can't
display white either.

Balancing the colour of them produces just that, a balance of colours
and those do not contain pure white or pure black. Any device that uses
a colour channel (green) to transmit black data and then creates that
black by blending RGB is never going to produce a pure black.

A device that relies on the subtraction of colours to produce white is
never going to produce pure white either. All you'll get is the
background colour of the device you are looking at it on.

Time for you to get a new monitor old fella. Your's is like your hair...
Going grey!
Old June 4th 09, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
DMac

Annika1980 wrote:
On Jun 4, 3:48 pm, DMac wrote:

Curious isn't it? Spray is white but if you post a picture with anywhere
between 246 and 255 of white in the spray, you get accused of posting a
photo with blown areas.

Time for you to get a new monitor old fella. Your's is like your hair...
Going grey!

There is an old saying that says, "Figures lie and liars figure."

Well here are some figures that don't lie.
The water spray in your pic doesn't get anywhere near absolute white
(255,255,255).
In fact, it never even gets above 200 and is closer to 170 in most
places!

The only thing you got to pure white in your pic is the boat which is
blown out at the max.
Unless your monitor is so bad that it blows 170 out to 255 the spray
will look gray, not white.

All your mumbo-jumbo about printing really doesn't enter into it since
we are talking about an image on a computer screen. Even a blind guy
should be able to color-correct by the numbers. Why can't you?

What're you doing here Bret?
Imitating me but using different words to make out you know something?
Hey that's a good one!
Bret actually knowing something someone hasn't told him! ROTFL.

White hull = 255.
White spray with shadows = 170 Sounds right to me. What're you bleating
about? I stuck up for you and you're picking on me again? What's that?
Tennessee logic? I suppose it matches that Tennessee blur you're famous
for. LOL.
Old June 5th 09, 12:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 4/06/2009 11:23 PM:
On Jun 4, 6:16 am, Noons wrote:
Wow, never seen gray water before.

Haven't you? I just knew you never even looked atr the crap you post!
Here is some:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/113159283/large

And I thought that Dudley was the only blind guy here.

Amazing. Even when faced with the simple fact that his photo has grey water, he
still denies ever having seen it.

Are you sure you are doing photography? Sound awfully like what you do is
blind-faith religion. Then again, taking into consideration where you are from...
Old June 5th 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Rol_Lei Nut

Annika1980 wrote:
On Jun 5, 7:18 am, Noons wrote:
And I thought that Dudley was the only blind guy here.

Amazing. Even when faced with the simple fact that his photo has grey water, he
still denies ever having seen it.

Dear Moron,
Here is the shot of the water spray in my pic compared to the water
spray in D-Mac's pic.

Tell me which is whiter.

Amazing!

Next you'll be bragging about how you washed your spray in "Tidex"...

Old June 7th 09, 11:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 5/06/2009 11:41 PM:

Dear Moron,
Here is the shot of the water spray in my pic compared to the water
spray in D-Mac's pic.

Tell me which is whiter.

Dear moronic idiot:

Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 4/06/2009 2:44 PM:

Wow, never seen gray water before.

YOUR post. Not mine. Where is the "water spray" in your post?

Ah yes: as usual, trying to weasel out of the crap YOU said.
Totally in character.
Old June 8th 09, 01:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 13:57:48 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
wrote:
: On Jun 4, 3:48*pm, DMac wrote:
:
:
: Curious isn't it? Spray is white but if you post a picture with
: anywhere between 246 and 255 of white in the spray, you get accused
: of posting a photo with blown areas.
:
: Time for you to get a new monitor old fella. Your's is like your hair...
: Going grey!
:
: There is an old saying that says, "Figures lie and liars figure."

Well, no. It's "Figures don't lie, but liars figure."

Bob
Old June 9th 09, 03:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 8/06/2009 11:33 AM:
On Jun 7, 6:54 am, Noons wrote:

Wow, never seen gray water before.

YOUR post. Not mine. Where is the "water spray" in your post?

Ah yes: as usual, trying to weasel out of the crap YOU said.
Totally in character.

???

The water spray in my pic is coming off the boat, dumbass.

Dear moronic idiot:
the words above came from a reply YOU made.
Can you even fathom that "water spray" and
"greuy water" are not the same, and yet to you
it appears so?
Can you even follow a train of thought for long enough
to click on the right message?
On second thought: don't bother. I'd hate to
be the cause of your brain strain:
it's obviously feeble.