NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC RULES!

Old April 1st 13, 08:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Helen[_2_]

Default NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC RULES!

On Apr 1, 11:57*am, Annika1980 wrote:
On Mar 25, 5:40*pm, Alan Browne
wrote:

Of course it's no Paris Match! * *;-)

Baby steps.

The photo they chose is actually one of my old osprey pics seen hehttp://www.pbase.com/bret/image/97695255

I thought it was ironic since I have taken a lot better ones since
then, but hey, it's their money.
The photo will be appearing in the latest edition of "National
Geographic's Pocket Guide to the Birds of North America" and will be
on the back cover as well.

Since I made the original post about it they have also added one of my
hummingbird photos to their stock image site. However, I'm not as
excited about that since I already have one photo there that has never
sold. *But it does encourage me to follow the advice of my great
friend, Helen, who has always encouraged me to branch out.

Thank you, Helen, for all you have done for me, more than these jokers
will ever know.

Thank you Bret, I'm very proud of you!
Old April 1st 13, 10:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

On Mon, 1 Apr 2013 08:57:58 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
wrote:

On Mar 25, 5:40*pm, Alan Browne
wrote:

Of course it's no Paris Match! * *;-)

Baby steps.

The photo they chose is actually one of my old osprey pics seen he
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/97695255

Nice!
Old April 3rd 13, 06:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

On 1/04/2013 10:44 PM, Helen wrote:

He doesn't need me...he never has!

Really? Doesn't look like it...

It's no surprise to me. I've always said to watch for Bret's work in
NG.

Yeah, standards go down a lot with time...

Congratulations!

Thank you.
OH, yeah: what for?
Well, you're gonna have to look at UNESCO activities in detail...

Old April 14th 13, 11:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

On 2/04/2013 2:57 AM, Annika1980 wrote:

hummingbird photos to their stock image site. However, I'm not as
excited about that since I already have one photo there that has never
sold.

Take a hint?

Old April 14th 13, 12:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
gpsman

On Apr 1, 11:57*am, Annika1980 wrote:

The photo they chose is actually one of my old osprey pics seen hehttp://www.pbase.com/bret/image/97695255

Nice shots in that series. This one reminded me of Larry Fine:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/114403619

The photo will be appearing in the latest edition of "National
Geographic's Pocket Guide to the Birds of North America" and will be
on the back cover as well.

That's Big Time.

Who is more discriminating than NG photo editors? Who gets more great
shots from which to choose than NG?

A: Nobody.
-----

- gpsman