[SI] Pairs etc - Eric Stevens comments

Old July 23rd 12, 02:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default [SI] Pairs etc - Eric Stevens comments

On 2012-07-22 01:24 , Savageduck wrote:

It could be done better. Just a quick & dirty fix, but more of a
reminder that there is a tool we forget about, The "Vanishing Point"
filter.

It is quite neat. I'll try the combo again today.

--
"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old July 23rd 12, 02:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2012-07-23 00:17 , Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:45:34 -0400, wrote:

I've got to the end with no more autosends. Maybe changing the
batteries made a difference. Maybe just got a whole lot more careful
where I put my fingers.

I hate laptop keyboards! I'm always hitting the wrong keys. I got a USB keyboard
at Staples for $20 to solve the problem. (When I have room for it) I also use a
USB mouse, my laptop pad goes off by itself and selects things, I'm afraid it
might go shopping at Amazon if I don't watch out!.

I'm using a Dell wireless keyboard on my desktop machine. With new
batteries it has a tendency to do things liikke thiiss. If what I
suspect is right, with low batteries it somehow generates a spurious
ctrlN.

Wireless keyboards can behave funny. Placement of the receiver wrt the
keyboard is important.

Obstacles between the keyboard and the receiver like a tangle of wires
can cause no-hits and errors in keystrokes. You move the keyboard a few
cm either way and it's solved. (I then go and tidy up the tangled mess
of wires and all is solved).

I'd like to find a nice unused hp keyboard of recent vintage (wired).
Nice feel to them.

All that said, most "errors" are my own.

Old July 23rd 12, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2012-07-22 12:00 , Savageduck wrote:

I have been playing with the image and came up with two variations, I
did not use content aware correction here, just Vanishing Point, and a
couple of other tweeks:
http://db.tt/85P6IbQu

Nice. Well done.

http://db.tt/72GCcgde

Blech. Well done. But blech.

Old July 24th 12, 12:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

Default Pairs etc - Eric Stevens comments

On 7/23/2012 10:41 AM, otter wrote:
On Jul 22, 5:42 pm, PeterN wrote:

On 2012-07-22 13:13:10 -0700, said:

On Jul 21, 6:18 pm, Eric wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 17:31:54 +1200, Eric Stevens

Pairs_otter_2
---------------
A good idea. I like the stand-out red seat. I can't help feeling there
ought to be a better viewing point and angle.

Possibly. But it was the best angle I had given the circumstances. I
could have shot from the Press Box if I had my 600mm lens, but I
haven't bought that yet.
Interesting that no one seems interested in why this seat is red. I
guess google is everyone's friend.

Damn! You stirred my Sunday curiosity.

So it was the Ted Williams Grandstand hampered, long home run marker at
Section 42, Row 37, Seat 21.

The ball landed on Joseph A. Boucher, penetrating his large straw hat
and hitting him in the head. A confounded Boucher was later quoted as
saying,
How far away must one sit to be safe in this park?"

Ted Williams is pretty cool about things.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-533849.html

Looks like he is split over it, and appears to be cracking up.

To the point of losing his head.

--
Peter

Old July 24th 12, 01:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-07-22 13:13:10 -0700, said:

On Jul 21, 6:18 pm, Eric wrote:
[...]

At least you shouldn't be offended if he gives you a cold shoulder.

Savageduck