[SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

Old September 20th 11, 03:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Default [SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

PeterN wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
PeterN wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
PeterN wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:

As always, thanks to all for playing.

I've got one more I shot with the mandate in mind, after the
deadline:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgehil...n/photostream/

Great composition. I particularly like like the rock stacking in the
first Muir Beach. You have captured the mood. Too bad some of the dark
area seems a bit blocked. But, maybe it's the screen.

Thanks, I actually dropped the exposure almost a stop in post so it
looked like dawn, not a white sky, and a little more saturated.
At full size, you will see some crazy orange and purple star fish I
hadn't noticed in real life g
http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgehil...60580/sizes/o/

Ah! I see now why you dropped the exposure. The building in the
background is distracting. Could some cloning help?

There aren't any buildings big enough to see; between the large rocks is
Point Bonita headlands 4 miles away and Mt Davidson or Twin Peaks in San
Francisco 10 miles away with a radio tower - lights from the Sunset
District / Ocean Beach SF to the right of the rocks. Maybe San Bruno Mt
15 miles away.

What is that bright area?

Residential neighborhood street lights in the Outer Sunset district near
Ocean Beach, San Francisco, 8.5 miles away. It's out of focus because
I'm at f/4 to keep the ISO relatively low at 800. 40mm FX focused on the
rocks, 30 second exposure is max without a wired remote which I didn't
have in the bag.
Old September 20th 11, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

On 9/20/2011 10:32 AM, Paul Furman wrote:
PeterN wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
PeterN wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
PeterN wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:

[...]

OK. but in any event, to my eyes the bright area detracts from a
beautiful scene.

Unless of course you intended to make a statement such as: all beauty
must come to an end.

--
Peter
Old September 20th 11, 05:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

PeterN wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
PeterN wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
PeterN wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:

[...]

:-)

Maybe the point was: look at how serene it can be just a few miles from
the hustle bustle of those nasty orange lights... lol
Old September 20th 11, 06:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

PeterN wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
PeterN wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
PeterN wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:

[...]

the symbols we can find in photography, if we look hard enough:

the worst thing about a Sunday, is that Monday follows. LOL

--
Peter