Sometimes stupid loses

Old April 30th 11, 01:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill Graham

Default Sometimes stupid loses

PeterN wrote:
On 4/29/2011 4:11 AM, Bill Graham wrote:
Neil Harrington wrote:
This is a racist country
with a racist government that engages in racist practices and has
all of my life. They single out special groups and either take away
priviledges or give extra priviledges to them (you can't give extra
priviledges to one group without taking them away from some other
group.) We give special priviledges to Native Americans, Black
people, heterasexuals, and many other groups. We prosecute crimes
more heavily against some groups than others. Also, we don't even
do a good job of it. We frequently leave it up to some clerk to
decide who gets the priviledge and who doesn't based on appearance
alone. It is one of the things I hate most about my country.

There are planes leaving every day, but I doubt you will ever be
satisfied anywhere.

You might want to try Iraq, now that we have "brought democracy" to
them.
guffaw!

There is no place that is any better than here, unfortunately. And
all the available land already belongs to someone, so there is no
way I can start my own country. I was born about 300 years too late
for that. But that doesn't stop me from bitching about it. It is
possible to change it, you know. Maybe it will become less racist if
there are enough people like me yapping about it.

If you had real courage of your convictions, you would walk in front
of the local police station waving your gun. When they arrest you,
then bring your claim that the gun law is unconstitutional as a
defense. Do it quick, while our Supreme Court is still largely
conservative. Better yet, carry it unloaded the next time you fly.

I agree. I should do just that. But I know that I couldn't get anywhere with
it, and at 75, I am reluctant to spend any of my time in jail, even if its
only for a day or two. I was always too busy when I was younger to do things
like that. My conserns were for my employer, who needed my reliability,
rather than for my political philosophy. (I want other people to waste their
time doing stuff like that) It is a good thing for someone on welfare, who
doesn't have any other responsibilities.