My comments on (SI) FILTERS

Old June 8th 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Default My comments on (SI) FILTERS

Since I have some time, I thought I'd comment...

(These are my opinions, not facts!)

Cross_Screen-M J Wyllie.jpg

I like the right side of this photo. If I framed it I would crop out the left...
but that's just me! I like the way the chimneys go up.

FILTERS_Tim_Conway_old.jpg

I love this shot! I tried to take this very picture once and failed! If it was
more horizontal I'd make it my wallpaper... I need that filter! My favorite
this month.

FIL_Bret_Douglas.jpg

Not sure of the filter here, but it's a nice photo... just not my cupof...
sorry, no real comment.

FIL_Paul-Furman_3489.jpg

I like this, but maybe find the right side too bright in the shore... or too
dark... the glare... it's distracting anyway. The left is nice!

FIL_Paul-Furman_3494.jpg

This is nicer... looks like a nuclear nun or something... the face of God? If I
was 12 I'd say "Way cool!!"

FiltersSavageduck.jpg

This is my second favorite, but I love red skies! I once did this in oils in a
surrealistic fashion... hey, it was the 70s...!

Ripple by Calvin Sambrook.jpg

This almost looks like water, but without the 'mirror opposite' it looks a bit
confusing... I think it needs more to balance it. Perhaps more sky...

SI Filters Alan Browne .jpg ( 1, 2, and 3 )

These photos look like professional magazine advertisements! Alan must work for
the media! Very very nice product shots. Did you use a light table? How did you
mix in the plant life?

bowser_filter_1.jpg

A classic computer filter! If you tint it brown it would look like a wood
carving. Did you ever try a metallic tint as well? Copper looks good...
Excellent subject for this filter!

bowser_filter_2.jpg

Needs more leaves... and some sky... or more tree house, or less tree house... I
don't know... it's confusing to me!

bowser_filter_3.jpg

I find this not to my taste, I would crop it somehow. Seems to be too much...
lose the left side?

filter1-Cooper.jpg

Good composition! I'd like to see more of that old engine...

filter2-Cooper.jpg

Nostalgic...

filter3-Cooper.jpg

My third favorite this month! Looks like a filter flower pot! Did you boost the
saturation?

Nice work everyone. Till next.

Bob Flint

Old June 8th 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

wrote in message

Since I have some time, I thought I'd comment...

(These are my opinions, not facts!)

This is usenet. Opinions are facts.

bowser_filter_1.jpg

A classic computer filter! If you tint it brown it would look like a wood
carving. Did you ever try a metallic tint as well? Copper looks good...
Excellent subject for this filter!

Didn't even think of tinting it. I'll have to give that a shot.

bowser_filter_2.jpg

Needs more leaves... and some sky... or more tree house, or less tree
house... I
don't know... it's confusing to me!

It's simulated infrared using Photoshop's filters. Not a great shot, I know.

bowser_filter_3.jpg

I find this not to my taste, I would crop it somehow. Seems to be too
much...
lose the left side?

I tried a few variations, but wound up with this one. Ya pays ya money, ya
takes ya chances...

Old June 9th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Default |AX| My comments on (SI) FILTERS

wrote:

FIL_Paul-Furman_3494.jpg

...If I was 12 I'd say "Way cool!!"

LOL