[SI] "Filters" is up, pleast take a look!

Old June 8th 09, 01:14 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Default [SI] "Filters" is up, pleast take a look!

All the usual suspects have shot tons of pics, filtered out the best ones,
and submitted for your viewing pleasure. Take a look he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/filters

Next mandate: The Road Less Travelled (Courtesy of Alan Browne)
Due date to follow sometime this week. I need to arrange my business and
vacation travel first.

Old June 8th 09, 04:15 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:14:24 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

All the usual suspects have shot tons of pics, filtered out the best ones,
and submitted for your viewing pleasure. Take a look he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/filters

I've always observed a self-imposed rule of shooting for the mandate
and not submitting an old image that happens to fit the mandate.
That's my personal rule because I think it's more of a challenge.

I have used the Photoshop filters on some of my shots, though. All
except the "Fireworks?" one were done before the mandate was
announced.

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/galler...57587753_X33MJ

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old June 8th 09, 06:44 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Default |UM| [SI] "Filters" is up, pleast take a look!

Bowser wrote:
All the usual suspects have shot tons of pics, filtered out the best
ones, and submitted for your viewing pleasure. Take a look he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/filters

My submissions used blown digicam bayer filter exposures looking into a
setting sun, darkened about 2-1/2 stops in lightroom from raw to recover
whatever remained. The second is the Coit Tower, SF, a cylindrical tower
burned off to a point by the sun. I don't know if that horizontal split
is a sensor/shutter artifact or a cloud layer but I suspect the sensor.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old June 8th 09, 11:19 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

"tony cooper" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:14:24 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

All the usual suspects have shot tons of pics, filtered out the best ones,
and submitted for your viewing pleasure. Take a look he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/filters

I've always observed a self-imposed rule of shooting for the mandate
and not submitting an old image that happens to fit the mandate.
That's my personal rule because I think it's more of a challenge.

Guilty as charged. I just haven't had any opportunities to get out and shoot
over the last several weeks.

Next one should be better since I've got some travel ahead.

Old June 8th 09, 12:14 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 06:19:21 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"tony cooper" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:14:24 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

All the usual suspects have shot tons of pics, filtered out the best ones,
and submitted for your viewing pleasure. Take a look he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/filters

I've always observed a self-imposed rule of shooting for the mandate
and not submitting an old image that happens to fit the mandate.
That's my personal rule because I think it's more of a challenge.

Guilty as charged. I just haven't had any opportunities to get out and shoot
over the last several weeks.

I didn't mean that others should do as I do. I'm retired. I can take
the time. The ideas are what is difficult.

Old June 8th 09, 08:16 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Peter Chant[_2_]

Bowser wrote:

All the usual suspects have shot tons of pics, filtered out the best ones,
and submitted for your viewing pleasure. Take a look he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/filters

Can you confirm the submission address? I made a submission but it is not
there.

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
Old June 9th 09, 02:40 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:14:24 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

All the usual suspects have shot tons of pics, filtered out the best ones,
and submitted for your viewing pleasure. Take a look he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/filters

Tim Conway - old - (sun and hay bales) Nice composition, The hazy
look works for me.

Bret Douglas - blue - This is an example where technique distracts and
dominates. All I can think of is "How did he do that?". It's a great
demonstration of whatever technique was used, but the end impression
is that its an exercise in special effects and not photography.

SavageDuck - Red Sky - Great image. I'm torn on the cropping, though.
Should the fence be in or out? I think I'd take it out because any
element of a composition that competes with the overall composition is
a distraction. Nicely framed, too.

Alan Browne - (filters) - Precise and pure, but too sterile.

On the others...If post-processing filters are to be used, a light
touch is usually better than a heavy application. The photo itself
has to come through.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida