BIRDS ON THE WING JUST LOVE THE 20D!

Old May 20th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Alan K.

Default The Sad History of D-Mac

On 19 May 2007 09:12:40 -0700, Annika1980 wrote:
On May 19, 6:06 am, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number
wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
On May 18, 2:14 am, "Cryptopix" wrote:
long psychotic ramblings snipped
Well, another screen name. Is it Friday already?

Friday? Heck, all a new screen name from D-Mac means is it's no longer
yesterday...and that's on a good week. In a bad week, it just means the
hour-hand made it to the next tick on the clock...

Just think of all the time the poor boob has spent just setting up new
screen names and posting accounts. Time that could've been spent out
shooting ugly brides, kite surfers, poorly flash-lit night scenes,
blurry group shots or pelicans taking a crap.

What has me puzzled is what he thinks he's achieving from the latest
round of sock puppets. It's not like he can SERIOUSLY believe that
it's fooling anyone who's been on a Usenet photo group for more than 5
minutes. In a recent post (to aus.photo only) I pointed out some of
the more obvious "Dougie Roadsigns" shared by the latest sock puppets
including the incorrect and self-agrandizing use of a capital P in
"professional photographer". An hour or two later the Cryptopix sock
puppet posted something in response to his new "mortal enemy" Scott W
which used the expression in lower case, but alas, too late;
"Cryptopix" had already posted something in the style of Douggie,
capital P's and all, much earlier in rec.photo.equipment.35mm.

However even if trivial idiosyncrasies (or should that be
idioTsyncrasies in this case?) like that are removed, the content is
still a dead giveaway. The paper tiger threats, the profanity-laden
"support" of the heroic (snicker) stand of a "Pro Photographer"
against persecution by those "jealous" (BWAAA-HA-HA!!!) of his world
renown skill (and yes, I guess that it IS world renown, but for the
wrong reasons); all the detritus usually associated with a total
synaptic meltdown. So I just fail to see the point of the latest
charade, unnnnnn-less...

I DO have this horrible image of him attempting to fool himself.

[The scene, Douggie's boat. Dougie sits, wide-eyed and drooling
slightly before the computer monitor. On one hand he wears a sock
puppet bearing a tag which reads "Hi, My name is Cryptopix". On the
other he wears a second sock puppet bearing a tag which reads "Hi, my
name is Julian". Douggie starts talking in three different voices.]

Voice 2 / Cryptopix : "See Douggie, I just posted a message which
didn't capitalise my 'P's!"
Voice 1 / Douggie: "Yes, very good my new best friend! Now they'll
know for certain that it's not me supporting myself, there can be no
doubt! The fools, for bringing that to my attention, HA-HA-HA-HA!!!"
Voice 3 / Julian : "And I'll have lawyers after them, Douggie, lots
and lots of lawyers! It'll be like the Attack of the Clones, but
with... LAWYERS!!!"
Voice 1 / Douggie: "Excellent my woolen companion! They will RUE THE
DAY they crossed A Professional Photographer!"
Voice 2 / Cryptopix: "[Gasp] Douggie, you just capitalised your 'P's
again!"
Voice 1 / Douggie, slamming his right hand down on the desk repeatedly
and screaming at said hand: "SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! YOU KNOW THAT I,
DOUGLAS ST-JAMES MCDONALD, NEVER MAKE MISTAKES!!!"
Voice 2 / Cryptopix: "I'm sorry Douggie, I'm sorry! I wuv you
Douggie!"
Voice 1 / Douggie, now eerily calm: "Yes, as does everyone but my
enemies, Cryptopix, as does everyone but my enemies..." [Looks around
the room at his dozens of other sock puppets hanging on the walls.]

The real question, of course, is "Are we talking to Douggie, or are we
talking to Sybil?"

Pardon me for mixing replies from different threads, however I want to
get this all into a single post:
On 19 May 2007 09:42:00 -0700, Annika1980 wrote:
If he wants to talk about photographic matters, I'll be happy to
engage him in debate.

It's gone beyond that for me. He (or at least the Cryptopix sock
puppet) posted something in response to a thread that I started in the
aus.photo group; not the usual froth and flame type posting, but
rather one which was more or less on subject. However it no longer
matters. He's been socially dysfunctional for so long that I've no
interest in discussing ANYTHING with him or listening to what he says
(except perhaps in the way that people in days of olde "listened" to
the village idiot) because (for one thing) you don't know when his
brain (or what passes for it) is going to snap into abuse mode, and
for another anyone who behaves so appallingly for so long needs and
deserves a good trip to Coventry for a while.

A LONG while.

But I've grown weary of his lies, accusations,
and delusions so I intend to "let him eat static" on those matters. I
would suggest (as Alan Browne has recently posted) that others do the
same. Maybe if we all ignore the fool it will act as sort of a group
intervention, convincing Doug that he really does need help.

Yes, I'll correct myself there; the ONE thing that I'd be interested
in hearing the oxygen bandit say is "I've decided to have myself
institutionalised so that I can get the help that I need".

Personally I'd kill file him, but his multiple personalities make that
impossible. And in any case, I don't want to miss it when his final
meltdown comes.

Although said meltdown may not happen on Usenet anyway. I envisage him
being hauled off the bow of his boat by men in white coats. Douggie
will be wearing nothing but the top half of a Napoleonic uniform, with
a cardboard cut-out ribbon on his chest bearing the crayon inscription
"World's Greatest Profeshunal Fotographar!". As he's dragged off he'll
point to his collection of sock puppets strung up along the mast and
scream "MY FRIENDS WILL AVENGE ME!!!"

"Bridezilla", looking radiant and clutching a second wedding photo
that makes her look like Elle McPherson (a photo taken by the wino
referred to in my previous post) will be standing dockside, nodding
slowly and murmuring, "You know, this explains a lot, really..."

Oh, come on... does anyone really want to bet AGAINST such a scenario
happening?
Old May 20th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

On May 19, 8:17 pm, Alan K. wrote:

Although said meltdown may not happen on Usenet anyway. I envisage him
being hauled off the bow of his boat by men in white coats. Douggie
will be wearing nothing but the top half of a Napoleonic uniform, with
a cardboard cut-out ribbon on his chest bearing the crayon inscription
"World's Greatest Profeshunal Fotographar!". As he's dragged off he'll
point to his collection of sock puppets strung up along the mast and
scream "MY FRIENDS WILL AVENGE ME!!!"

"Bridezilla", looking radiant and clutching a second wedding photo
that makes her look like Elle McPherson (a photo taken by the wino
referred to in my previous post) will be standing dockside, nodding
slowly and murmuring, "You know, this explains a lot, really..."

Oh, come on... does anyone really want to bet AGAINST such a scenario
happening?

Dude, I was right there with ya until the "Bridezilla looking radiant"
part.

Old May 20th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Alan K.

On 19 May 2007 19:00:50 -0700, Annika1980 wrote:
On May 19, 8:17 pm, Alan K. wrote:
Although said meltdown may not happen on Usenet anyway. I envisage him
being hauled off the bow of his boat by men in white coats. Douggie
will be wearing nothing but the top half of a Napoleonic uniform, with
a cardboard cut-out ribbon on his chest bearing the crayon inscription
"World's Greatest Profeshunal Fotographar!". As he's dragged off he'll
point to his collection of sock puppets strung up along the mast and
scream "MY FRIENDS WILL AVENGE ME!!!"
"Bridezilla", looking radiant and clutching a second wedding photo
that makes her look like Elle McPherson (a photo taken by the wino
referred to in my previous post) will be standing dockside, nodding
slowly and murmuring, "You know, this explains a lot, really..."

Dude, I was right there with ya until the "Bridezilla looking radiant"
part.

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again; although most people
probably sit somewhere in the middle, the camera loves some people,
and hates others. I've seen some people who you can take a photograph
of, and they'll almost always look like they've been snapped walking
down the red carpet to the Oscars without the need for the cursor to
be placed anywhere near a PS healing tool.

And I've seen others who photograph so badly that they're barely
recognisable even when you put the image and a mirror side by side.

I fall into the latter camp, gorram it, which is why I'm prepared to
give Bridezilla some benefit of the doubt.

A good photographer, I mean a REALLY good photographer, can overcome
this phenomenon to a greater or lesser extent. But instead she chose
Douggie, which is ALSO why I'm prepared to give her some benefit of
doubt.

But of course she gets no points at all for good judgement.
Old May 21st 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

Default The Sad History of (X-Xxx)

On May 20, 10:17 am, Alan K. wrote:
On one hand he wears a sock
puppet bearing a tag which reads "Hi, My name is Cryptopix". On the
other he wears a second sock puppet bearing a tag which reads "Hi, my
name is Julian". (The unmentionable) starts talking in three different voices.]

Alan - that was one of the funniest and yet perceptive posts I've seen
for a while. Thanks for the chuckle!!

Not only that, I particularly liked your response to Wayne's
"Landscape" comp.. *And* you also complimented my Cazneaux's Tree
image... what a fine gentleman of good taste you are!!

(O:

Old May 21st 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadiia

On May 19, 8:17 pm, Alan K. wrote:
[...]

It would be good if you actually had a clue.
Clearly you don't so why bother with the monyey playing the keyboard trick?
It's been done to death by all the idiots in this group engaging in
bullying.
God! You must be a hen pecked lot at home.