105mm lens and Body

Old December 11th 05, 10:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default 105mm lens and Body

Recently I purchesed a Kiev 19 camera with 50mm and 105mm F:2.8 lens.
I ran a test roll thru it and my god is that Ukrainian 105mm sharp! I
put the camera in my collection but the lens is not a collectors item
yet and I'd like to find a cheap Nikon body with AI mount to use it
with but I'm a "K-person" and know zero about the Nikon Line. Can
anyone tell me what manual Nikon bodies used the AL meter/mount?

Cheers
THOM
Old December 11th 05, 01:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Thom" wrote in message
Recently I purchesed a Kiev 19 camera with 50mm and 105mm F:2.8 lens.
I ran a test roll thru it and my god is that Ukrainian 105mm sharp! I
put the camera in my collection but the lens is not a collectors item
yet and I'd like to find a cheap Nikon body with AI mount to use it
with but I'm a "K-person" and know zero about the Nikon Line. Can
anyone tell me what manual Nikon bodies used the AL meter/mount?

Cheers
THOM

All of them.
http://www.keh.com/shop/product.cfm?...rid=1286164 9
FM or FM2 would be inexpensive and durable.

AAF

Old December 11th 05, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Thom" wrote in message
Recently I purchesed a Kiev 19 camera with 50mm and 105mm F:2.8 lens.
I ran a test roll thru it and my god is that Ukrainian 105mm sharp! I
put the camera in my collection but the lens is not a collectors item
yet and I'd like to find a cheap Nikon body with AI mount to use it
with but I'm a "K-person" and know zero about the Nikon Line. Can
anyone tell me what manual Nikon bodies used the AL meter/mount?

Cheers
THOM

I presume you meant AI. An AI lens can be mounted on all Nikon manual focus
cameras.
Jim

Old December 12th 05, 03:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

You can find a Nikon N2000 for very little $$ on eBay. I've bought several
in the $60 range in near mint condition. This body is manual focus but has
DX and auto winding, manual, aperture priority and program exposure, CW
metering, TTL flash capability, takes all AI, AIS, and AF Nikon mount
lenses, runs on AAA or AA batteries, and is built like a brick.

Doug

"Aurelius Aristotle Finch" wrote in
message . ..

Old December 12th 05, 04:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Jim wrote:
"Thom" wrote in message

Recently I purchesed a Kiev 19 camera with 50mm and 105mm F:2.8 lens.
I ran a test roll thru it and my god is that Ukrainian 105mm sharp! I
put the camera in my collection but the lens is not a collectors item
yet and I'd like to find a cheap Nikon body with AI mount to use it
with but I'm a "K-person" and know zero about the Nikon Line. Can
anyone tell me what manual Nikon bodies used the AL meter/mount?

Cheers
THOM

I presume you meant AI. An AI lens can be mounted on all Nikon manual focus
cameras.
Jim

Plus a small selection of autofocus bodies.
Old December 12th 05, 07:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"columbotrek" wrote:

I presume you meant AI. An AI lens can be mounted on all Nikon manual
focus cameras.
Jim

Plus a small selection of autofocus bodies.

You can _mount_ an AI lens on any 35mm, APS or digital Nikon SLR.
What you can do with it once it's mounted is another matter. The
ever-changing Nikon Lens/Body compatibility chart has been known to
drive good people to drink, or at least to Canon.

--
Michael Benveniste --

Old December 12th 05, 08:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Michael Benveniste" wrote in message
"columbotrek" wrote:

I presume you meant AI. An AI lens can be mounted on all Nikon manual
focus cameras.
Jim

Plus a small selection of autofocus bodies.

You can _mount_ an AI lens on any 35mm, APS or digital Nikon SLR.
What you can do with it once it's mounted is another matter. The
ever-changing Nikon Lens/Body compatibility chart has been known to
drive good people to drink, or at least to Canon.

Yes, in the case of Canon, it is very clear. You can't mount Canon R, Canon
FL, or Canon FD on an EOS body and have anything useful.

Since I only own 2 AIS lenses, they tend to stay attached to the F3. They
work just fine on the F2 or the N90s. The D70 really can't use them to any
degree.
Jim

--
Michael Benveniste --

Old December 12th 05, 09:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Jim" wrote in message
om...

Since I only own 2 AIS lenses, they tend to stay attached to the F3. They
work just fine on the F2 or the N90s. The D70 really can't use them to

any
degree.
Jim

Tell that to my snowflake pictu
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowPhoto.cfm?PhotoID=100692
55mm pre-AI micro lens converted to AI by John White of Ann Arbor.
If you're tripod mounted, then AI and AIS lenses work fine on the D70.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old December 13th 05, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Jim" wrote in message
om...

Yes, in the case of Canon, it is very clear. You can't mount Canon R,
Canon FL, or Canon FD on an EOS body and have anything useful.

Since I only own 2 AIS lenses, they tend to stay attached to the F3. They
work just fine on the F2 or the N90s. The D70 really can't use them to
any degree.
Jim

I use my AI, AI'd, and AIS lenses on my D70...works just fine. The lenses
are manual focus, so they have to be focused manually regardless of body
and the D70 only has electrical (not mechanical) info coupling to the lens
so the D70 won't meter with non-CPU lenses...all that means is either you
use an external meter, guesstimate (Sunny 16 rule or otherwise), or take a
test shot and look at the histogram, not ideal for fast-action but useable
for
most other things.

George