"Film is dead"? Check the facts.

Old December 4th 05, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default "Film is dead"? Check the facts.

]

I mean, did we *ever* see a film camera in use on 'Buffy the Vampire
Slayer?' I rest my case.

Ever hear of Hasselvlad the impaler?

Old December 4th 05, 09:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"MXP" wrote in message
. ..

a larger
than 5.7 L? ......7.4 L will be fine. You still use cubic inch? ....so it
must be something
like 500 - 600 cubic inch.

Max

Yes....There are about 16.4 cc's to a cubic inch, so the conversion is
fairly easy........500 cubic inches would be around 8200 cc's......

Old December 4th 05, 09:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
William Graham wrote:

It's the looks, and not the modern engineering that makes me angry
with Ford. And not just Ford, but all the other manufacturers. Some
of the cars from the 50's and 60's were beautiful. There is just no
comparison to the soulless boxes they are putting out today.

The new Jag XK is delicious looking, sleek and elegant while suggesting a
lot of power.

Yes. It is rather nice looking...(I just googled it), but the $75,000
sticker price is rather horrific, too.......I kind of like the Mazda Miata.
Pretty, yet still affordable to the average working stiff.....

Old December 4th 05, 10:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"William Graham" skrev i en meddelelse

"MXP" wrote in message
. ..

"William Graham" skrev i en meddelelse
news

"no_name" wrote in message
MXP wrote:

"William Graham" skrev i en meddelelse

Almost all of them are made in Russia.....Sometimes the tubes are
worth more than the whole amplifier......

Yes I know copies are made in Russia.....and maybe China? .....at
least some
of the cheaper tube amplifiers are assembled in China.
I may be hard to find an original WE300B today.

Yeah! Took almost 0.17 seconds

http://www.westernelectric.com/pricing.asp

Ain't cheap, but they're in stock.

I think the prices are a bit better he
http://www.vacuumtubes.net/prices.htm

They look very nice.....the old WE300B tubes. They can keep the living
room heated
if the Christmas gets very cold. It can be cold were I live........

Just watching their glow while you listen to music makes the music sound
better, too........

Yes, I know. Better than looking at LED displays. Maybe it is the reason
they
can be switched off on high end equipment.

Old December 4th 05, 10:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"William Graham" skrev i en meddelelse

"MXP" wrote in message
. ..

"William Graham" skrev i en meddelelse
. ..

"MXP" wrote in message
. ..

"William Graham" skrev i en meddelelse

"Paul Bielec" wrote in message

Probably the same reason why some people like to
drive an E-type Jaguar instead of a modern "Ford produced" Jaguar.

Both drive a courtesy car from the dealer most often because they
break all the time.

There is nothing Ford ever made, that comes close to the "E" type
Jag.......I wanted one all of my young life, and when I got old enough
to be able to buy one, they were no longer made, and the only Jaguar
you could buy was a monstrous inverted bathtub boat.....No wonder they
had to sell out to Ford. Ford is the world's expert at making
monstrous inverted bathtub boats........I just wish I could resurrect
the person who, at Jaguar, made the decision to stop making the "E"
type. I would only ask him/her one question..... WHY?

You can buy E-types which has been repaired so they are like new. Parts
are
still made for them and some says that you can find one now which has a
better
build quality then when they were original made in the 196x.
Amerian people tend to which the 3.8-4.2 L 6 cylinder machine with a V8
......that is not
very nice. A few E-types was made with a V12. They are nice as
convertible.

Yes. If I was a little younger, I might do that....but I don't want to
buy the hassle of keeping up antique cars right now. About twenty years
ago, a friend of mine went to England, and I asked her to look for a
Morgan for me. (another of my earlier heart-throbs) but the combination
of the expense, and the problem of exporting it back to the States just
made it impossible for anyone, unless he/she was worth over a million
dollars......People put modern engines in older restored cars in order
to gain the efficiency and avoid the problem of spare parts. There have
been many advances in engine & transmission engineering during the last
30 years or so, and it is hard to pass that up. The appeal of the older
cars is mostly in their looks. Just compare the looks of the E type Jag
to the soulless boxes they are making now, or the looks of the MG "A".
Look at some of the old Mercedes sports cars....They are beautiful. I
don't know why Mercedes doesn't build a modern car with those looks.
Their new cars look like Hondas........

The "McLaren" Mercedes looks nice. But you are right there is a bit of
Honda in
the design.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...r/gallery.html

I like the Corvettes from the 70's very much. Could be fun to have a top
repaired
red one from 1977 with one of the big V8's. You call them big block if
they a larger
than 5.7 L? ......7.4 L will be fine. You still use cubic inch? ....so
it must be something
like 500 - 600 cubic inch.

Max

Yes. - I had a '63 sting ray....The one with the split rear
window.....Corvette hasn't made anything that pretty since, or, for that
matter, anything that performs any better either.....

The sound is very nice. The Corvette which won Le Mans had a good sound too.
Good looking. But probably not a street car.....

Old December 4th 05, 10:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

William Graham wrote:

It's the looks, and not the modern engineering that makes me angry
with Ford. And not just Ford, but all the other manufacturers. Some
of the cars from the 50's and 60's were beautiful. There is just no
comparison to the soulless boxes they are putting out today.

The new Jag XK is delicious looking, sleek and elegant while suggesting a
lot of power.

Yes. It is rather nice looking...(I just googled it), but the $75,000
sticker price is rather horrific, too.......I kind of like the Mazda
Miata. Pretty, yet still affordable to the average working stiff.....

For USD 75,000 you can only get a good middel class car where I live.
When we buy one car we pay for tree (tax). An e.g. turbo charged
Saab will be about USD 75,000 ....and top models more than
USD 100,000. A Corvette will be about USD 150.000. That is the
resson why I still drives a 16 year old Saab. At that time the price
was USD 35.000 (1989).

Old December 5th 05, 05:51 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

In article ,
says...
no_name wrote:

MXP wrote:

If we should compare photography with music then:

Digital = CD's and transistor amplifiers.
Analog = LP's and tube amplifiers.

What do you listen to?

CDs of guitars played through tube amplifiers.

Recorded through a Telefunken U-47.

The Boys: The boys in the crew have got a present for you.
Mary: A present for me?
The Boys: Mmmm...we gotta present for you.
Mary: Whaddaya got? Whaddaya gonna give me?
The Boys: It looks just like a Telefunken U-47. You'll love it.
Mary: Chuckles With leather?

~ from "Crew Slut" off Joe's Garage by Frank Zappa, Act 1.

--
DD
www.dallasdahms.com