Battery problem with Fuji Finepix f420

Old July 31st 04, 08:18 PM
Taavi

Default Battery problem with Fuji Finepix f420

Hi!

I seem to have a battery problem with my Finepix f420. I take about 20
pictures with flash and it starts showing me the bat low sign and then
dies. I've tried different kind of batteries - rechargeable and usual
- but I get the same thing. The camera is about 10 months old - the
battery thing came up about 3-4 months ago. I also had another problem
with it a couple of months ago - apparently the main board was fried.
I got it fixed under the guarantee and I told the guy about the
battery also. I think he didn't quite understand (it was in Japan,
where I bought the thing) but anyway, he told me its not a problem and
only the main board was broken. Now I have left Japan and I think its
getting worse - and of course I don't have the guarantee anymore. The
batterys seem to last longer when I have the power save mode on.
Without it, its bat low almost immeadetly.

Has anybody else had the same kind of problem? Could it be that the
camera is broken, or is the f420 just thirsty for energy?

Thanks for any advice,

Taavi
Old March 1st 05, 01:54 AM
n/a

Yes, they are heavy on batteries.Should have been engineered for AA
size.

In any case to get longer life turn off the screen and only use the
viewfinder, also take heaps of top quality AAA battries with you

Regards