FOR SALE: CANON IX LITE / Body, 3 lenses , filters, more What is a fair price to expect?

Old October 2nd 03, 12:32 PM
Pete Asmann

Default FOR SALE: CANON IX LITE / Body, 3 lenses , filters, more What is a fair price to expect?

The set includes:
Canon Body
Canon 22-55
Canon 55-200
Kenko 1.5 TelePlus
4 Filters : Skylight,Diffuser,UV (0),Circular Polarizer (all HOYA)
Lens adapter 52-58Canon remote switch RS-60E3
Strap
Cleaning Kit
OM
Copy of OM
TamRac Bag to hold everything.

In truly excellent condition

Satisfaction guaranteed: Will take back if not satisfied!

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!

Pete
Old October 3rd 03, 04:10 AM
Eric Holt

The Lite is pretty much exactly that. Plastic body, cheaper feel,
some less features than the original. Still an amazing camera. I had
one for quite a while then got a steal of a deal on one of the
originals from Ritz online. But, sadly, i just bought a Digital
Rebel, and will be shortly selling my EOS IX. If anyone is
interested, let me know before I post it on eBay... The body is in
absolute perfect condition, I'm very OCD, not a single scratch
anywhere to be found. Always taken extremely good care of.

Thanks
Eric

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:00:38 GMT, wrote:

On 2 Oct 2003 04:32:00 -0700,
(Pete Asmann) wrote:

The set includes:
Canon Body
Canon 22-55
Canon 55-200
Kenko 1.5 TelePlus
4 Filters : Skylight,Diffuser,UV (0),Circular Polarizer (all HOYA)
Lens adapter 52-58Canon remote switch RS-60E3
Strap
Cleaning Kit
OM
Copy of OM
TamRac Bag to hold everything.

In truly excellent condition

Satisfaction guaranteed: Will take back if not satisfied!

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!

What is the differnce between the Lite and the original version?

Old October 5th 03, 01:51 AM
David Gaudine

In article ,
Eric Holt wrote:
The Lite is pretty much exactly that. Plastic body, cheaper feel,
some less features than the original.

I think it has a 1/2000 max shutter speed vs 1/4000. It doesn't have
the visual confirmation of which focussing point is used. I think
it's probably fair to say that it's like comparing a rebel to an elan.
(I won't try to specify which rebel vs which elan.)

Still an amazing camera. I had
one for quite a while then got a steal of a deal on one of the
originals from Ritz online.

Ritz had it with the original lens (24-85?) at a price that wasn't
much more than the lens alone, but at the time they wouldn't ship
to Canada.

But, sadly, i just bought a Digital
Rebel, and will be shortly selling my EOS IX.

Curses, outsmarted again. I bought a G5 (because I couldn't afford
a 10D) and am selling my IX and IX Lite to help finance it. Now, about
2 months later, there's a digital SLR that I could have afforded
if I hadn't bought the G5. I'd take too much of a loss selling the G5.
I guess I'll wait a year and hope for an 8 MP or so.

David
Old October 20th 03, 07:13 PM
Rick Baumhauer

Why do I think there is going to be a glut of used IXs hitting the market
soon? Much as I love mine, the Rebel Digital has finally hit the sweet
spot, just as Canon knew it would............

Old October 21st 03, 03:24 PM
Valder

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:13:06 -0400, "Rick Baumhauer"
wrote:

Why do I think there is going to be a glut of used IXs hitting the market
soon? Much as I love mine, the Rebel Digital has finally hit the sweet
spot, just as Canon knew it would............

Tell me about it. The shots from my 10D are so clean
I am having a hard time taking the EOS IX out at all.

Val
Old October 24th 03, 02:57 PM
Godfrey

Why do I think there is going to be a glut of used IXs hitting the market
soon? Much as I love mine, the Rebel Digital has finally hit the sweet
spot, just as Canon knew it would............

Tell me about it. The shots from my 10D are so clean
I am having a hard time taking the EOS IX out at all.

The 10D has retired all my film cameras except for the Hasselblad 903SWC. The
only reason for me to shoot Minox, APS or 35mm anymore is nostalgia.

http://www.bayarea.net/~ramarren/pho...f/PAW3/47c.htm

Godfrey

Old October 28th 03, 01:01 AM
Peter Lawrence

Godfrey wrote in message .net...

Why do I think there is going to be a glut of used IXs hitting the
market soon? Much as I love mine, the Rebel Digital has finally hit
the sweet spot, just as Canon knew it would............

Tell me about it. The shots from my 10D are so clean
I am having a hard time taking the EOS IX out at all.

The 10D has retired all my film cameras except for the Hasselblad 903SWC.
The only reason for me to shoot Minox, APS or 35mm anymore is nostalgia.

http://www.bayarea.net/~ramarren/pho...f/PAW3/47c.htm

Godfrey

I still shoot 35mm for color slides. I still have not seen a digital
projector that comes even close to matching the brilliance, sharpness,
and clarity of a 35mm color slide projected on a quality projection
screen from a quality slide projector.

- Peter
Old October 28th 03, 10:08 PM
Godfrey DiGiorgi

If you're a transparency projection enthusiast, you should try 6x6 or
6x7 transparency projection. Stunning is the only word I can think of
to describe it!

I used a slide projector for the first time in 24 years recently when a
friend of mine mailed me about 300 slides from our youth together. I
dusted the old Kodak Carousel off, put a fresh ($45) bulb in it, and
projected them once. After that, I scanned all of the originals,
cleaned them up with Photoshop, and burned them to a DVD photo show
with titling, transition effects and music. The result is better to my
eye than the originals and I can watch the show on my television set or
computer anytime I want. I made three replicas of that DVD and sent
them to him and other friends.

Slides have their special beauty, but I long ago gave up on them as
being my media of choice.

Godfrey