Olympus C700 AC Adapter

Old December 26th 04, 10:27 PM
Fred

Default Olympus C700 AC Adapter

Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
voltage/current the camera requires?

Thanks.

Fred

Old December 26th 04, 10:43 PM
Ken Weitzel

Fred wrote:
Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
voltage/current the camera requires?

Thanks.

Fred

Voltage is marked on the side of the camera, right
beside the jack. 6.5 volts.

No idea how much current. I'd guess at least a couple
of amps. Certainly not your usual run-of-the-mill
little wall wart.

Ken

Old December 26th 04, 11:18 PM
Harvey

"Fred" wrote in message
Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
voltage/current the camera requires?

Thanks.

Fred

You can buy everything you want on eBay. Here is the url to the adapter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Old December 27th 04, 09:34 AM
Fred

"Harvey" wrote in message

"Fred" wrote in message
Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
voltage/current the camera requires?

Thanks.

Fred

You can buy everything you want on eBay. Here is the url to the adapter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Thanks, Harvey. I saw these guys earlier. $15+$8 for shipping seems high
and they wouldn't sell it for less.

Fred

Old December 27th 04, 04:24 PM
CSM1

"Fred" wrote in message
Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
voltage/current the camera requires?

Thanks.

Fred

Voltage for most Olympus cameras is 6.5V at 2.0 Amps.

http://www.digipowersolutions.com/sh...nuf=&subgroup=

ACD-100 Universal AC Power Supply for most Digital Cameras and other
electronic devices (ACD-100)

ACD-OL AC Power Supply for select Olympus Digital Cameras (ACD-OL)

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Old December 28th 04, 02:56 AM
nosredna

In article KVGzd.16141$_62.5244@trnddc01,
"Fred" wrote:

Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
voltage/current the camera requires?

Thanks.

Fred

My Digital Concepts Universal AC Adapter (model CH-999) works great with
my Olympus C4000zoom.
http://www.bizrate.com/buy/noncat_pr...-19616006.html
Old December 28th 04, 08:40 AM
Marshall Schuon

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:43:08 GMT, Ken Weitzel
wrote:

Fred wrote:
Any idea on where to get one of these besides Olympus? And what
voltage/current the camera requires?

Thanks.

Fred

Voltage is marked on the side of the camera, right
beside the jack. 6.5 volts.

No idea how much current. I'd guess at least a couple
of amps. Certainly not your usual run-of-the-mill
little wall wart.

Ken

_______

My new C-770 is marked "DC In 4.8 volts." But I'd like to know where
to get a power adapter, too.

Marshall
Old December 28th 04, 11:53 PM
Fred

Thanks CSM and nosredna! The literature I saw said 2100 mA at 6.5V.

I just picked up an adapter at Frys Electronics for $19.99. I saw some on
ebay and elsewhere cheaper, but by the time you add the $5-10 "shipping and
handling" and wonder what kind of adapter you're "really" going to get.... I
thought this one was the best choice. And it's a universal job - all kinds
of voltages, and current up to 2500 mA, so that's fine for the C700 and my
other junk too.

"CSM1" wrote in message
m...