Largest memory stick for Sony DSC-F707

Old November 16th 04, 01:43 PM
Jo D

Default Largest memory stick for Sony DSC-F707

Hi there all,

I would like to know if the Sony DSC-F707
http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer...07_specs.shtml
can use larger capacity memory sticks than 128Mb. If it can, what is the
maximum??
I have not been able to easily find this info. out. I will assume this
camera cannot use memory stick Pro because it is an old model.

Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding....
This is my current understanding. Memory stick is limited to 128Mb. A newer
version of memory stick contains 2 x 128Mb (256Mb total) but can only use
128mb at a time before removing the card and switching to the other side for
the other 128Mb. This is a workaround for older non memory stick pro
devices.

Thanks

Jo D

Old November 17th 04, 11:16 PM
jimkramer

"Jo D" wrote in message
[...]

128 is as big as the 707 will take. But there is the MS Duo which is "two"
128's in one MS; you do need to physically remove the stick and flip a
switch to use the other 128.

Jim Kramer

Old November 17th 04, 11:32 PM
Jo D

I carry around a Sony F717 as a backup camera and for other
folks to use. I have a Sony 512MEG Memory Stick Pro and never had a
problem with it. It's also a good match for the battery (ie I've
never run out of battery before running out of card space).

Jeff

The 717 is an updated version of the 707 which can use memory stick pro. The
707 is an older version which I understand can only use the "old memory
stick", unless anyone has differing experiences