Old October 13th 05, 09:13 PM
Jim Hemenway

Default Loading film while camping

Chris:

I had planned to bring the 11x14 up to the Blue Hill area in Maine last
weekend but gave up for the same reason as you... brought the Leica and
Rollie instead.

10+ inches of rain! We were probably only an 1/8 of an inch away from
being ignored by FEMA. ;-)

At any rate, I use a Harrison 36x36 bag, it's a very tight fit for
I want to bring with me.

I've also just gone out into the woods away from the other campers, and
loaded the holders in the dark by taking out only one piece at a time
from the otherwise closed box. It was desperation that made me do it,
but it worked with no fogging.

A moonless night with Ektachrome 100.

Jim

Chris Sprague wrote:

Well it's all a moot point now. I've cancelled my trip, as the weather
is going to be apalling for all of the next 10 days or so (rain, rain,
rain). Looks like nobody is going to get any good foliage pictures of
Baxter SP this year, at least not sunrise/sunset ones, due to a total
lack of sunrises and sunsets. Foliage will be past peak by the time
the weather is due to improve (week of October 16th).

That seems to go for the entire northeast, actually.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

- Chris Sprague