Sinar User Manual Wanted

Old April 9th 05, 12:27 AM
Glenn Overy

Default Sinar User Manual Wanted

Hi everybody, have been lurking for a few months now and have gathered quite
a bit of good info. But I now need some help. I have just received a Sinar
F2 and Broncolor FCM meter and would like to get operating instruction
manuals for both. Free is preferable. Maybe some site where I can download
this info.
Thanks everybody,
Glenn

Old April 9th 05, 02:32 AM
RRiddle

I have just received a Sinar F2 and Broncolor FCM meter
and would like to get operating instruction manuals for both.
Free is preferable.

Yes, free IS always preferable. Can't help there. Perhaps you know of
the guy who sells manuals (actually, copies of manuals) on the eBay
Large Format auctions. They aren't free, but they aren't expensive. I
got a manual for my 40-year-old 4X5 from that guy. I think I paid $5,
including shipping.

Old April 9th 05, 02:46 AM
jjs

"RRiddle" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have just received a Sinar F2 and Broncolor FCM meter
and would like to get operating instruction manuals for both.
Free is preferable.

Yes, free IS always preferable. Can't help there. Perhaps you know of
the guy who sells manuals (actually, copies of manuals)

You might mean www.photobooksonline.com

I have two of their copied manuals and they are well done - sharp, clean,
properly sized and folded or bound. B&W, of course. Delivery has always been
prompt, too.

I suggest to the OP that he go to eBay and find one for sale, then contact
the seller. I don't know if his online list of manuals is current. It never
hurts to ask.

If that fails, I do have his direct email address. Somewhere.

Old April 9th 05, 03:01 AM
jjs

I just found the direct email address of the photobooksonline.com

Remove the spamicide to make the address work.
Very good people. Feel free to write him.

Old April 9th 05, 04:30 AM
Philip Tobias

Glenn Overy wrote:
Hi everybody, have been lurking for a few months now and have gathered quite
a bit of good info. But I now need some help. I have just received a Sinar
F2 and Broncolor FCM meter and would like to get operating instruction
manuals for both. Free is preferable. Maybe some site where I can download
this info.
Thanks everybody,
Glenn

I hate to ask the obvious, but have you checked with SinarBron? Some
years ago, the local Sinar rep came up with a free printed users manual
for one of my used cameras. He even stopped by my studio and dropped it
off when it arrived. And, no, I was never a big account. It was just
thoughtful service.

The company's parts department has also been helpful to me in the past,
when I had need to buy an odd item or two.

You can sometimes find "The Sinar System Handbook" at a used book store
or camera swap meet. I think that's where I found my current copy.

Good luck. ...pt

--
Business/Communications start at http://www.PhilipTobias.com.
Grow your business using my technical and marketing communications -

Old April 9th 05, 08:53 AM
Glenn Overy

I checked out photobooksonline and they do have the Sinar F for $10, but
there is the same thing on ebay for $2.
I did bookmark this site, lots of good info. thanks

"jjs" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old April 9th 05, 08:58 AM
Glenn Overy

I found THE LARGE FORMAT - Handbook of the SINAR SYSTEM on ebay, but it's
going for $48 and the auction still has over a day to go. This does look
like what I am after. Went to this site http://www.sinarbron.com/ and did
not find what I want, but could be looking in the wrong place. I will email
them and see what they say.
Thank you,
Glenn