A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Ripe Apples



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old November 14th 17, 01:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22,084
Default Ripe Apples

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:


I didn't need to do that, doesn't you're monitor take up space too.
You see one of the advantages of an all in one design is that yuo don;t need
that box yuo call a destop, we even went for that design in our PC lab when
we brought about 30 dell 9030.


First of all I can't buy an all in one with the same spec as what I
have got.


in about a month, you will be able to buy an all-in-one that blows away
whatever you have.

Second you can't replace the screen with another of
different spec while retaining your existing hardware.


so what? the screen doesn't normally fail and the retina display is
*much* better than what you have.
  #52  
Old November 14th 17, 03:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,056
Default Ripe Apples

On 11/13/2017 7:27 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:


I didn't need to do that, doesn't you're monitor take up space too.
You see one of the advantages of an all in one design is that yuo don;t need
that box yuo call a destop, we even went for that design in our PC lab when
we brought about 30 dell 9030.


First of all I can't buy an all in one with the same spec as what I
have got.


in about a month, you will be able to buy an all-in-one that blows away
whatever you have.

Second you can't replace the screen with another of
different spec while retaining your existing hardware.


so what? the screen doesn't normally fail and the retina display is
*much* better than what you have.


Do you really need a screen of that density, when your images are going
to be seen on screens with much lower density?

--
PeterN
  #53  
Old November 14th 17, 03:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22,084
Default Ripe Apples

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Second you can't replace the screen with another of
different spec while retaining your existing hardware.


so what? the screen doesn't normally fail and the retina display is
*much* better than what you have.


Do you really need a screen of that density, when your images are going
to be seen on screens with much lower density?


yes.
  #54  
Old November 14th 17, 04:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,466
Default Ripe Apples

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 19:27:23 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:


I didn't need to do that, doesn't you're monitor take up space too.
You see one of the advantages of an all in one design is that yuo don;t need
that box yuo call a destop, we even went for that design in our PC lab when
we brought about 30 dell 9030.


First of all I can't buy an all in one with the same spec as what I
have got.


in about a month, you will be able to buy an all-in-one that blows away
whatever you have.


That's always the case.

Second you can't replace the screen with another of
different spec while retaining your existing hardware.


so what? the screen doesn't normally fail and the retina display is
*much* better than what you have.


Is it a matte display or only semi-gloss?
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
  #55  
Old November 14th 17, 04:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22,084
Default Ripe Apples

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I didn't need to do that, doesn't you're monitor take up space too.
You see one of the advantages of an all in one design is that yuo don;t
need
that box yuo call a destop, we even went for that design in our PC lab
when
we brought about 30 dell 9030.

First of all I can't buy an all in one with the same spec as what I
have got.


in about a month, you will be able to buy an all-in-one that blows away
whatever you have.


That's always the case.


no it isn't.

the imac pro comes out next month and will raise the bar. again.

Second you can't replace the screen with another of
different spec while retaining your existing hardware.


so what? the screen doesn't normally fail and the retina display is
*much* better than what you have.


Is it a matte display or only semi-gloss?


it's a 10 bpc retina wide gamut display that is considered to be the
best in the biz by pretty much everyone. it really is *that* good.

you won't notice any glossiness or lack thereof unless it's off, which
is not how a display of any sort is intended to be used.
  #56  
Old November 14th 17, 08:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,466
Default Ripe Apples

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 22:52:06 -0500, nospam
wrote:

Is it a matte display or only semi-gloss?


it's a 10 bpc retina wide gamut display that is considered to be the
best in the biz by pretty much everyone. it really is *that* good.

you won't notice any glossiness or lack thereof unless it's off, which
is not how a display of any sort is intended to be used.


I suppose that in the future you will claim to have answered my
question.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
  #57  
Old November 14th 17, 12:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22,084
Default Ripe Apples

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Is it a matte display or only semi-gloss?


it's a 10 bpc retina wide gamut display that is considered to be the
best in the biz by pretty much everyone. it really is *that* good.

you won't notice any glossiness or lack thereof unless it's off, which
is not how a display of any sort is intended to be used.


I suppose that in the future you will claim to have answered my
question.


or the present.

it's stupid to get a superb high resolution display and then blur it
with a matte coating. you *won't* notice the finish of the display
while using it. you're looking for excuses.
  #58  
Old November 14th 17, 05:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,056
Default Ripe Apples

On 11/13/2017 9:50 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Second you can't replace the screen with another of
different spec while retaining your existing hardware.

so what? the screen doesn't normally fail and the retina display is
*much* better than what you have.


Do you really need a screen of that density, when your images are going
to be seen on screens with much lower density?


yes.


Why. What is the benefit, except for the user liking it.

--
PeterN
  #59  
Old November 14th 17, 05:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22,084
Default Ripe Apples

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Second you can't replace the screen with another of
different spec while retaining your existing hardware.

so what? the screen doesn't normally fail and the retina display is
*much* better than what you have.

Do you really need a screen of that density, when your images are going
to be seen on screens with much lower density?


yes.


Why. What is the benefit, except for the user liking it.


image quality.

what is the benefit of your 36mp camera, versus a more affordable 24 mp?
  #60  
Old November 14th 17, 05:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,056
Default Ripe Apples

On 11/14/2017 6:56 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Is it a matte display or only semi-gloss?

it's a 10 bpc retina wide gamut display that is considered to be the
best in the biz by pretty much everyone. it really is *that* good.

you won't notice any glossiness or lack thereof unless it's off, which
is not how a display of any sort is intended to be used.


I suppose that in the future you will claim to have answered my
question.


or the present.

it's stupid to get a superb high resolution display and then blur it
with a matte coating. you *won't* notice the finish of the display
while using it. you're looking for excuses.

And when using a gloss monitor, although the highlights and mid range
colors are great, it is very difficult to see gradations of color in the
shadow to dark areas. Most people may not care, but I do. I know the
gloss on Apple branded monitors is not as high as it used to be, but I
prefer to work on a matte surfaced monitor.
Similarly, if I am submitting a print for a print competition, because
of the configuration of the light boxes they are usually viewed under, I
will print on a glossy surface, and underexpose by about a half stop.
OTOH if the print is going to be hanging on a wall, I will usually use a
matte paper. IOW I print for the conditions under which the image will
be viewed.

--
PeterN
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ripe Apples Davoud Digital Photography 3 November 9th 17 06:29 AM
Apples, oranges, new crop of P&S's [email protected] Digital Photography 1 December 16th 07 08:04 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.