Vignetting

Old July 14th 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.misc
Monty

Default Vignetting

I hope this is the right forum for this: do algorithms/techniques exist
for removing vignetting from digital photos? If so, where can I read
up on them?

Thanks

Old August 24th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.misc
Jim

On 2006-07-14 10:18:42 -0400, "Monty" said:

I hope this is the right forum for this: do algorithms/techniques exist
for removing vignetting from digital photos? If so, where can I read
up on them?

Thanks

Apploigize for the new reply to a month old message.

None that I know of. Vignetting is caused by lack of light.. ie its
blocked. There is no exposure. So, you have a couple of options, crop
the photo so the vignetted part does not a appear, or get out the
various clone, brushes, etc in Photoshop and recreate the vignetted
area form surrounding areas. If the vignetted areas is merely darker
than the suround, you can create a layer from this vignetted area by
using some combnation of slection tools (magic wand maybe, other wise
select based on color etc.) and then adjusting the levels, on this
layer. This will require some significant artistic as well as
photoshop (or whatever editor) skills.
--
Jim