time of day for your shooting

Old May 18th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

Default time of day for your shooting

Question: do you see more quality shots using color film if you shoot
early and late in the day versus mid afternoon.

I exclusively try to limit my shooting to times when the sunlight is
warm and colorful. I've lost too many good compositions because of the
harsh direct afternoon light. I have had great shots taken at mid day
but usually under specific compositons - under shade or cloud cover, or
places where reflections are preferred such as water surfaces, river
beds with bright colored dirt, etc.

But in general, I prefer dusk/dawn shooting becasue of the warmer
results - and the creativity seems to be pumping more because of the
more vibrant colors. Also, I like to take into the cost of film and
devolping/processing charges. It's a waste when you only get 1-2
keepers per roll. The % should be higher if you want to make a profit.

Any thoughts on this? Agree/disagree?

Jim

Old May 18th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

It really depends on what and where you're shooting. If you're in the
Badlands, or Utah, it seems like you have about 10 seconds before
sunrise and 10 seconds after sunset to get some interesting light.

If you're shooting glacial lakes, the sun needs to be fairly high in
order to light up the water and give the nice blue-green color.

Jay (that's why I like B&W) Wenner

Old May 18th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography

"Kernix" wrote:
Question: do you see more quality shots using color film if you shoot
early and late in the day versus mid afternoon.

Any thoughts on this? Agree/disagree?

You've been beaten to a wimpering pulp on this topic by "dadiOH"
in the alt.photography thread titled "A novice looking for tips,
hints, suggestions and critique., and for good reason.

Now you have made the mistake of *multi-posting* the same topic
on fishing expedition to at least three newsgroups (I am
*properly* crossposting to those (rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
rec.photo.misc, and rec.photo.techique.nature), plus I've added
alt.photography for readers of the original thread.).

My thought? Drop it!

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old May 18th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography

Do whatever you want Floyd - I'm just getting the proof that others
feel the same way as I do - I know I;m right. You must be a loser like
dadio. Bring it on ****head.

Old May 18th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography

Kernix wrote:
Do whatever you want Floyd - I'm just getting the proof that others
feel the same way as I do - I know I;m right. You must be a loser like
dadio. Bring it on ****head.

No, he's not a loser, and his points are correct, even if stated a bit
strenuously.

Are you new to usenet?

--
john mcwilliams
Old May 18th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography

Kernix wrote:
Do whatever you want Floyd - I'm just getting the proof that others
feel the same way as I do - I know I;m right. You must be a loser like
dadio. Bring it on ****head.

As I said, you are touchy. You also have zero people skills.

And pray tell, Kermit, do you believe the earth is flat? Some do and even
offer "proof". Ditto moon landing, holocaust et al.

Man, talk about a *loser*...

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Old May 19th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography

"Kernix" wrote in message
ups.com...
Do whatever you want Floyd - I'm just getting the proof that others
feel the same way as I do - I know I;m right. You must be a loser like
dadio. Bring it on ****head.

Kernix against the world.

Most of us were just hoping you would come to your senses and DROP IT,
obviously that is beyond you abilities.

So, Just to let you know, yet one more reader believes YOU ARE WRONG!!!

Do yourself a BIG favor, don't start calling me names too, quit while you
are BEHIND!

Old May 19th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography

In article . com,
Kernix wrote:

Do whatever you want Floyd - I'm just getting the proof that others
feel the same way as I do - I know I;m right. You must be a loser like
dadio. Bring it on ****head.

Floyd is one of those people who can recite facts and figures all day,
but put a camera in his hands and he can't produce ****.
Old May 19th 06, 08:59 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography

In article , Randall Ainsworth
wrote:
Do whatever you want Floyd - I'm just getting the proof that others
feel the same way as I do - I know I;m right. You must be a loser like
dadio. Bring it on ****head.

Floyd is one of those people who can recite facts and figures all day,
but put a camera in his hands and he can't produce ****.

Lovely stuff. Just the kind of rational, informative debate that people
log on to the 'Net for.

Roger