need advice

Old December 14th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Jay Beckman

Default need advice

"Tom Matigan" wrote in message
newsan.2006.12.14.01.37.01.266969@RockyMountainD igital.org...
Hi All,

I'm looking for advice to help select a decent digital video camera for
filming aircraft at airshows and museums. Some of the desirable features
include:

1) lots of storage - preferably a micro harddrive

Tape is cheap(er)

2) excellect optical zoom - lot's of power for those distant shots

http://www.usa.canon.com/html/indust...0XS_spec.shtml

3) image stabilization -- absolutely must have!

(See Link Above)

4) decent battery life would be nice but this is secondary to other
factors

http://guardian.nepinc.com/packages/ss24/index.php

No Batteries Required!

Any recommendations would be really appreciated!

Good Luck!

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.pbase.com/flyingphotog

Old December 14th 06, 07:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Bruce

LOL! The OP did not specify a price range so I guess this is a valid
answer!
I think you would still need a battery however, something like a 24V
lead-acid battery to get your 150kW diesel generator started

Old December 14th 06, 08:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Jay Beckman

"Bruce" wrote in message
LOL! The OP did not specify a price range so I guess this is a valid
answer!
I think you would still need a battery however, something like a 24V
lead-acid battery to get your 150kW diesel generator started

Ok, so I guess I owe the OP an apology. I really wasn't meaning to be a
smart ass but I have to chuckle when people come on looking for consumer
gear that will give them pro results. I especially liked his line regarding
optical zoom: "lots of power for those distant shots..." So, that's why I
pointed him to the 100x with stabilizer. The guys I work with on the NASCAR
tour love 'em!!

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.pbase.com/flyingphotog

RAW advice please Tim Digital Photography 6 April 14th 06 04:27 AM
Some advice please. Dolphy Digital Photography 7 April 13th 06 03:24 PM
advice mike walsh Digital SLR Cameras 6 April 9th 06 05:07 PM
Need advice Jude Digital SLR Cameras 12 August 9th 05 05:29 AM
advice please jean strinckx Medium Format Photography Equipment 1 April 9th 04 08:04 AM