Scanned photo turns out ok, but Print is much too Red

Old December 12th 04, 06:41 PM
Ritter197

Default Scanned photo turns out ok, but Print is much too Red

I use the Epson Perfection 1650 Scanner and scanned a color photograph. It
scanned very nicely. I then used Photo Explosion to print it on either my
recent Lexmark or my HP Office Jet.

In both cases the colors were fine when I printed on plain paper, but the
moment I tried various types of glossy photo paper, the images turned out
MUCH too red. They were unusable.

Why is that? Does it have something to do with scanning? But then why are
the paper images fine in color, but nothing on photo paper?

Old December 13th 04, 12:41 AM
Chuck

Glossy papers don't absorb ink the same way as plain paper.
The various color printers are usually optimized for specific brands/types
of glossy paper.
The coating on glossy paper may introduce a color shift. (Noticable, but not
extreme)

Anyway--
Try printing the same item using the same printer settings with plain paper,
glossy paper, and perhaps ink jet paper.
Try disabling the color profile for the printer.
With XP, somehow the color correction scheme can result in very dark colors.
If this seems to be the problem, and defeating the color profile does not
help, try uninstalling the printer driver, reboot, and reinstall it
according to the mfrs proceedures.
(The latter is what cured my R300 when it started printing dark pictures on
any paper.)

"Ritter197" wrote in message
I use the Epson Perfection 1650 Scanner and scanned a color photograph. It
scanned very nicely. I then used Photo Explosion to print it on either my
recent Lexmark or my HP Office Jet.

In both cases the colors were fine when I printed on plain paper, but the
moment I tried various types of glossy photo paper, the images turned out
MUCH too red. They were unusable.

Why is that? Does it have something to do with scanning? But then why are
the paper images fine in color, but nothing on photo paper?

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

Old December 13th 04, 02:42 AM
Ritter197

I do not understand what you mean here.
Can you please guide me?

Old December 13th 04, 09:28 PM
Ritter197

The message from "chuck" does not download completely - ever !

Cannot read it. Stops at 73 %.

news