NIKON USA--TERRIBLE SERVICE EXPERIENCE.

Old December 12th 04, 03:57 PM
DALLAS

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:24:08 -0800, MarkČ wrote:

Mark is looking for an argument again.

With you?
No, Dallas.
There's nothing new in your posts. You persist in assuming that your tiny
little corner of the world is sufficient to qualify as representative of the
globe when it comes to making your pronouncements about this and that.

Have a nice day.

Thanks.

ROFLMAO!!!

Man, are you full of ****, or what??!!! Where did I EVER claim that my
little corner of the world was representative of the globe??? Where? Where?

In your little closeted mind you have this notion that I am trying to
change the thoughts of others by being so obnoxious as to offer an opinion
of my own when it comes to service experience from an international
company. What makes the USA so special as to deserve a better lever of
service from the same company than anyone else in the world?

What a self-righteous little fart, you are.

Adios.

Old December 12th 04, 03:57 PM
DALLAS

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 05:42:39 +0000, ThomasH wrote:

Perhaps you're not acquainted with Canon's L series.
The story is entirely diferent. Built like tanks, with absolutely rock
solid construction and optical quality.

Ahem, ahem.... my 100-400 L IS was the *only* lens which
I was forced to repair. The manual focus ring became very
jerky I heard strange grinding noise inside while I was
turning the ring. The assembly was replaced, cost $300.

Old Nikkors were build like rock! My 80-200F/2.8 ED (the
single ring shift version) took some beating over the years
and is still going strong. The only fault is that the spring
holding the aperture ring mechanism is weak and sometimes
the stupid ring turns and disables the program mode...
It's one more reason that I am not sad about Nikons
transition to G type of lenses...

Thomas

In the World According to Mark Morgan the 100-400mm f3.5-5.6L IS is not a
professional L lens so your anecdote will unfortunately not alter his view.

Old December 12th 04, 03:57 PM
DALLAS

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 06:57:17 +0000, Tony wrote:

Nikon screwed me for 359 to 'fix' my scanner, and put me through a similar
ordeal then stopped answering emails. It is the main reason why I will never
buy or recommend any product from the company now. If your service
department is allowed to go to crap, you should go out of business.

Then I guess Canon shouldn't be doing any business in Africa.
Old December 12th 04, 03:57 PM
DALLAS

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:39:43 -0800, Aguilabrava wrote:

I just wanted to let everybody here know about my recent experience
with the Service Dept. at Nikon USA in Melville, New York.

snip

In a situation like this I would put a lot of pressure on the retailer I
bought the item from to get the desired results.

In photography (and I suppose in many other fields too) it is extremely
important to build up a strong relationship with your local supplier of
goods and services. You can get a lot further in times of trouble that way
because if the retailer puts the pressure on the supplier to help a
customer out, they tend to take a lot more notice than if you went to the
supplier directly.

This is how I managed to get Canon to replace the stuff I had from them
that went faulty...like three BG-ED3 grips, a D30, one 550EX and two 420EX
units.

Just on Friday I used my relationship with two local retailers to get a
much better local price on a SB-800 from Nikon SA. They value my patronage
enough to get me the best service from their suppliers.