Problem Transferring Photos to PC

Old June 8th 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Default Problem Transferring Photos to PC

ncoathup wrote:
I have been using a 4GB SDHC with a Samsung ES55. The card had been
previously formatted with another Digital Camera (Canon Digital
Rebel). I am able to view all of the saved images on the camera, but
when connecting to the PC (either through a card reader or directly
from the camera via USB) no images are found. There are no files
shown, just an empty DCIM directory. However, 2GB of the 4GB is
reported as being used.

Any suggestions as to how I can retrieve my photos?

Download the free recovery program from:
http://vaiosoft.com/products/recoverymanager.html

Assuming that works (it doesn't care about card formatting), save the
pics then format the card in the camera in which it will be used.
Dave Cohen
Old June 8th 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stefan Patric[_2_]

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 14:13:02 -0700, ncoathup wrote:

On 8 June, 20:07, Dave Cohen wrote:
ncoathup wrote:
I have been using a 4GB SDHC with a Samsung ES55. Â*The card had been
previously formatted with another Digital Camera (Canon Digital
Rebel). Â*I am able to view all of the saved images on the camera, but
when connecting to the PC (either through a card reader or directly
from the camera via USB) no images are found. Â*There are no files
shown, just an empty DCIM directory. Â*However, 2GB of the 4GB is
reported as being used.

Any suggestions as to how I can retrieve my photos?

Download the free recovery program
from:http://vaiosoft.com/products/recoverymanager.html

Assuming that works (it doesn't care about card formatting), save the
pics then format the card in the camera in which it will be used. Dave
Cohen

I found the free utility 'Photorec'. Did the trick and managed to
recover all photos and video from this card. I have now reformatted the
card using the Samsung, and the card is functioning as expected.

Out of curiosity, what operating system are you using on your PC, and
what applications/utilities did you use initially to try to read the card
before using PhotoRec?

Stef