First Scans With Nikon V ED

Old December 20th 06, 08:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jay Beckman

Default First Scans With Nikon V ED

Greetings All...

I've posted a little five frame gallery on PBase of some Grand Canyon shots
from 2002. Considering these are my first attempts, I'm pretty happy with
how they turned out.

Critiques Welcome:

http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/grand_canyon

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.pbase.com/flyingphotog

Old December 20th 06, 11:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Jay Beckman wrote:
Greetings All...

I've posted a little five frame gallery on PBase of some Grand Canyon shots
from 2002. Considering these are my first attempts, I'm pretty happy with
how they turned out.

Critiques Welcome:

http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/grand_canyon

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.pbase.com/flyingphotog

Congratulations Jay....your pics are absolutely stunning! I've never
been to Arizona but your pics are so enthralling, I feel I've been
there already! Excellent!
Helen

Old December 20th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Jay Beckman wrote:

Critiques Welcome:

http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/grand_canyon

Wow! That Canon T90 is amazing!

Old December 20th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

Jay Beckman wrote:
Greetings All...

I've posted a little five frame gallery on PBase of some Grand Canyon shots
from 2002. Considering these are my first attempts, I'm pretty happy with
how they turned out.

Critiques Welcome:

http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/grand_canyon

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.pbase.com/flyingphotog

It has been over thirty years since I
stood at the canyons edge and stared
into the great abiss of the Grand Canyon.
Your images have brought back that feeling
of, WOW.
What film did you use to capture such
detail and do you remember which lens?

Great images. More. We want more.

Happy Holidays to you and tours.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old December 20th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

Draco wrote:
Jay Beckman wrote:
Greetings All...

I've posted a little five frame gallery on PBase of some Grand Canyon shots
from 2002. Considering these are my first attempts, I'm pretty happy with
how they turned out.

Critiques Welcome:

http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/grand_canyon

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.pbase.com/flyingphotog

It has been over thirty years since I
stood at the canyons edge and stared
into the great abiss of the Grand Canyon.
Your images have brought back that feeling
of, WOW.
What film did you use to capture such
detail and do you remember which lens?

Great images. More. We want more.

Happy Holidays to you and tours.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Whoops. Meant"...You and Yours."
Been a l-o-o-n-g month.

Draco

Old December 20th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jay Beckman

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jay Beckman wrote:

Critiques Welcome:

http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/grand_canyon

Wow! That Canon T90 is amazing!

All through the days of rangefinders and leaf shutters, it was the one
camera I always wanted and now in the digital era, it's the one camera I'll
(probably) always keep. At least until film completely dies or they do away
with AA batteries.

Jay

Old December 20th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jay Beckman

wrote in message
ups.com...

Jay Beckman wrote:
Greetings All...

I've posted a little five frame gallery on PBase of some Grand Canyon
shots
from 2002. Considering these are my first attempts, I'm pretty happy
with
how they turned out.

Critiques Welcome:

http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/grand_canyon

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.pbase.com/flyingphotog

Congratulations Jay....your pics are absolutely stunning! I've never
been to Arizona but your pics are so enthralling, I feel I've been
there already! Excellent!
Helen

Thank you very much.

Jay

Old December 20th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jay Beckman

"Draco" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jay Beckman wrote:
Greetings All...

I've posted a little five frame gallery on PBase of some Grand Canyon
shots
from 2002. Considering these are my first attempts, I'm pretty happy
with
how they turned out.

Critiques Welcome:

http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/grand_canyon

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.pbase.com/flyingphotog

It has been over thirty years since I stood at the canyons edge and stared
into the great abyss of the Grand Canyon. Your images have brought back
that feeling
of, WOW.

It's only been a couple of years since I've been and I'm already jonesing to
go back...!

What film did you use to capture such detail and do you remember which
lens?

IIRC the film was Fuji Velvia and the lens was (I think) probably a Canon FD
24mm f/2.8.

Great images. More. We want more.

I have a few more, I'll work on it.

Happy Holidays to you and yours. (-- Fixed it for ya...)

Thanks Draco...
All the best to you too.

Jay

Old December 20th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pudentame

wrote:
Jay Beckman wrote:
Greetings All...

I've posted a little five frame gallery on PBase of some Grand Canyon shots
from 2002. Considering these are my first attempts, I'm pretty happy with
how they turned out.

Critiques Welcome:

http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/grand_canyon

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.pbase.com/flyingphotog

Congratulations Jay....your pics are absolutely stunning! I've never
been to Arizona but your pics are so enthralling, I feel I've been
there already! Excellent!
Helen

The Grand Canyon is worth the trip. And there's so much other scenic
beauty nearby. I had a month out there in 2005 and it wasn't half long
enough.
Old December 21st 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Greg Campbell

Annika1980 wrote:

Jay Beckman wrote:

Critiques Welcome:

http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/grand_canyon

Wow! That Canon T90 is amazing!

Uh-oh! Brette's hardware fetish has attached itself to a 20 year old
TOTALLY-NON-DIGITAL! camera. "Trouble Brewing!"
(Have you ever shot a T90?)

Nice pics, Jay! Excellent!
The T-90 'Tank' crushes puny digicams like roaches underfoot!

-Greg (Another 'hybrid' C-FD shooter from Az.)