Morro Bay State Park Marina Pano

Old January 6th 21, 01:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Morro Bay State Park Marina Pano

A 180º aerial pano from my Mavic Air 2 of the Morro Bay State Park marina.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-qZJXS6s/0/a3f00380/O/DJI_0011Pmb1.jpg

Savageduck

Old January 6th 21, 05:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 5, 2021, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

A 180º aerial pano from my Mavic Air 2 of the Morro Bay State Park marina.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-qZJXS6s/0/a3f00380/O/DJI_0011Pmb1.jpg

....and today’s not so criminal drone flight.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-PfsTWcw/0/7e37b5d3/1920/Morro%20Bay%20Marina%201080_mp4-1920.mp4

Savageduck

Old January 8th 21, 11:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joe Makowiec

On 05 Jan 2021 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

On Jan 5, 2021, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

A 180º aerial pano from my Mavic Air 2 of the Morro Bay State Park
marina.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor...0/a3f00380/O/D
JI_0011Pmb1.jpg

...and today’s not so criminal drone flight.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor.../7e37b5d3/1920
/Morro%20Bay%20Marina%201080_mp4-1920.mp4

After all these Morro Bay posts, the area starts to feel familiar. When
we return to a state of grace where we can travel again, I'll have to get
out to California and see it in person, and maybe buy the 'Duck a beer.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Old January 10th 21, 06:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 8, 2021, Joe Makowiec wrote
(in 6.35.252):

On 05 Jan 2021 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

On Jan 5, 2021, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

A 180º aerial pano from my Mavic Air 2 of the Morro Bay State Park
marina.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-qZJXS6s/0/a3f00380/O/DJI_0011Pmb1.jpg

...and today’s not so criminal drone flight.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-PfsTWcw/0/7e37b5d3/1920/Morro%20Bay%20Marina%201080_mp4-1920.mp4

After all these Morro Bay posts, the area starts to feel familiar. When
we return to a state of grace where we can travel again, I'll have to get
out to California and see it in person, and maybe buy the 'Duck a beer.

Just another Central Coast Winter’s day. It sure beats shoveling snow, something I haven’t done since 1974.

Here is a different look at the Morro Bay Marina.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-tT6VcM5/0/ae944159/O/DJI_0014Lu.jpg

Savageduck

Old January 13th 21, 01:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Jan 5, 2021, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

A 180º aerial pano from my Mavic Air 2 of the Morro Bay State Park marina.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor.../O/DJI_0011Pmb
1.jpg

What would cause that one stitch to not line up (towards the right side)? The
clouds appear to line up, but the ground doesn’t at all. Everything else
seems to be lined up.

Old January 13th 21, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 12, 2021, Bill W wrote
(in ternal-september.org):

On Jan 5, 2021, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

A 180º aerial pano from my Mavic Air 2 of the Morro Bay State Park marina.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor.../O/DJI_0011Pmb
1.jpg

What would cause that one stitch to not line up (towards the right side)? The
clouds appear to line up, but the ground doesn’t at all. Everything else
seems to be lined up.

As for that one glitch I have no logical explaination other than the gimbal might have been hit with a gust of wind at the moment the shutter tripped. I am always amazed at just how stable it is even in strong wind, a veritable midair tripod with no visible means of suspension. Those 180º panoramas are made up from a 21 frame mosaic which is stitched in-camera with the DJI proprietary software.

Here is a clip from my controller screen capture video to give you some idea of the process.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-Bqbh7fK/0/2b91acc4/1280/PanoC1_mp4-1280.mp4

Savageduck