Camera eats batteries like crazy

Old July 14th 04, 09:47 AM
Markus Malmqvist

Default Camera eats batteries like crazy

Hi,

It seems like two last batteries have allowed exposing only couple of films.
I have Canon EOS 3. I do not even use flash, and IS does not cause that kind
of power loss.

At the end of last year the camera got some water inside it, and was
unusable for many hours. Perhaps water caused some slow damage?

Holiday is coming, and now I am worried if I am able to take photos even if
I reserve a pile of expensive batteries...

--markus

Old July 14th 04, 09:57 AM
Mxsmanic

Markus Malmqvist writes:

At the end of last year the camera got some water inside it, and was
unusable for many hours. Perhaps water caused some slow damage?

Water might have promoted corrosion that could provide a leak path for
current, or something like that--especially if you turned it on before
it was completely dry, or if the water was not very pure (e.g., salt
water is a good conductor and quite corrosive).

Old July 14th 04, 07:15 PM
Frank Pittel

There seems to be a problem with battery consumption with a number of the
EOS 3's. I have one with a power booster and even after 100's of rolls of
film in almost two years the lithium batteries I'm using are still going
strong. I think you have a problem with the camera and should get it checked
out ASAP.

-------------------

Old July 14th 04, 07:42 PM
Malcolm Stewart

Markus Malmqvist wrote in message
Hi,
It seems like two last batteries have allowed exposing only couple of

films.
I have Canon EOS 3. I do not even use flash, and IS does not cause that

kind
of power loss.
At the end of last year the camera got some water inside it, and was
unusable for many hours. Perhaps water caused some slow damage?
Holiday is coming, and now I am worried if I am able to take photos even

if
I reserve a pile of expensive batteries...
--markus

My EOS3 ate batteries from new. Have had it repaired (now that I'm using a
10D and can spare it being away!), and it's a different animal. Try storing
it with the 2CR5 reversed in its holder if you can't spare the few weeks it
takes to repair it.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Old July 15th 04, 12:36 AM
Markus Malmqvist

Yeah, I guess my EOS 3 never quite lasted as long with a 2CR5 as it should.
I though it was due to IS... And so I did not have the brain to get it
repaired. Now the problem has quickly turned out worse. The water damage
might have something to do with it, or not. I hope I can still take photos
during my vacation without using ten 2CR5... After that I can only hope
repair with reasonable price and duration.