Help: Olympus EVOLT E-500 Compact Flash card error

Old January 25th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Help: Olympus EVOLT E-500 Compact Flash card error

I've just bought an Olympus EVOLT E-500 and this morning received a
SanDisk Ultra II 2.0 GB CompactFlash card.

I can only insert the card one way round - with front (darker side)
facing towards the back of the camera. When I turn the camera on I get
a 'card full' error. When I select menu - card setup - format I get a
'card error'. When I insert the card into my PC's card reader and ask
for properties it tells me that there is 1.93Gb free.

Have I bought a card that isn't compatible with my camera, a faulty
card, a faulty camera or am I missing something?

Wakefield Carter
http://www.2000ad.org/oscar/

Old January 25th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Doug Robbins

Default Olympus EVOLT E-500 Compact Flash card error

I have the same camera and flash card model and don't experience a problem.
Have you tried reformatting the card in the camera?

Doug

oups.com...

Old January 25th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

I have the same camera and flash card model and don't experience a problem.
Have you tried reformatting the card in the camera?

Thanks for eliminating one of the possibilities so quickly.

What I try reformatting the card in the camera I get a 'card error' so
hopefully the problem is a faulty card, rather than a faulty camera.

Cheers,

Wake

Old February 10th 07, 07:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Turbo1010

Make sure you didn't bend the pins on the camera. I had the same problem
when I installed a card, and had to send my camera back to Olympus for
repair.

ups.com...