Polaroid digital camera?

Old February 13th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Polaroid digital camera?

I recently purchased a cheap 3.2 megapixel Polaroid digital camera
for my baby brother, a PDC 3080.

http://tinyurl.com/dlm9m

It was $60 total at Target (Target is a big USA department store).
It claims to but apparently it does not support Windows XP SP2. It
has trouble uploading files to the PC. I asked for help, but
Polaroid does not respond. Should I take it back and get something
else?

Thank you.

Old February 13th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Assuming it takes SD cards, you could always take pictures on an SD
card and transfer them to PC via an SD card reader.

Old February 13th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Charles ckraft SPAMTRAP.west.net wrote:

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 02:12:18 GMT, John Doe jdoe
usenet.love.invalid wrote:

I recently purchased a cheap 3.2 megapixel Polaroid digital camera
for my baby brother, a PDC 3080.
http://tinyurl.com/dlm9m
It was $60 total at Target (Target is a big USA department store).
It claims to but apparently it does not support Windows XP SP2. It
has trouble uploading files to the PC. I asked for help, but
Polaroid does not respond. Should I take it back and get something
else?

might try a new driver first.
http://www.polaroid-digital.com/site...&serid=5&id=3&
pid=153

I appreciate the effort. Nowadays before I buy something, I usually
have the PDF owners manual on my computer.

That driver name is "pdc3070driver.exe"
That driver apparently doesn't work in windows XP sp2.

The two cameras (3070 and 3080) appear to be the same except for
maybe some firmware differences, I guess firmware is what would
cause the battery level indicator to be more precise in the PDC
3080. I determined that by comparing the two owners manuals.

If you think that the driver is supposed to support the PDC 3080 in
Windows XP SP2, I can work my system to prove or disprove that
(except for possible hardware conflicts).

Polaroid's web site appears to be very fishy. But I don't know how
well the other digital camera makers do the Internet.

From: Charles ckraft SPAMTRAP.west.net
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Polaroid digital camera?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 02:19:16 GMT

Old February 13th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 02:56:19 GMT, John Doe
wrote:

I appreciate the effort. Nowadays before I buy something, I usually
have the PDF owners manual on my computer.

That driver name is "pdc3070driver.exe"
That driver apparently doesn't work in windows XP sp2.

The two cameras (3070 and 3080) appear to be the same except for
maybe some firmware differences, I guess firmware is what would
cause the battery level indicator to be more precise in the PDC
3080. I determined that by comparing the two owners manuals.

If you think that the driver is supposed to support the PDC 3080 in
Windows XP SP2, I can work my system to prove or disprove that
(except for possible hardware conflicts).

Polaroid's web site appears to be very fishy. But I don't know how
well the other digital camera makers do the Internet.

I would say that this is one of the worst web sites I have run into,
it may just be my browser or configuration, but with stuff displayed
on top of other stuff making the page barely readable, I've seen
better.
Old February 13th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

John Doe wrote:
I recently purchased a cheap 3.2 megapixel Polaroid digital camera
for my baby brother, a PDC 3080.

http://tinyurl.com/dlm9m

It was $60 total at Target (Target is a big USA department store).
It claims to but apparently it does not support Windows XP SP2. It
has trouble uploading files to the PC. I asked for help, but
Polaroid does not respond. Should I take it back and get something
else?

Polaroid is now simply a holding company, they don't have any support.
Return it to Target. But you're not going to find anything that's any
good in that price range. Decent cameras start at $150, i.e. Nikon
Coolpix 4200, or the Canon A510.