Comments

Old December 5th 04, 10:23 PM
Claim Guy

Default Comments

Okay - I'll stick my neck out and ask for some feedback.

Fairly new to digital photography, very new to Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. I never thought I would be one to want to manipulate my images, but Photoshop has hooked me and exposed (pun intended) my extra (beyond photographic composition) creative side. I started out many years ago on an AE-1 and swore I would never use filters or mess with color, etc.. I was just going to take the purest picture possible - realizing, of course, that film and digital are merely representations anyway. I don't have a DSLR, so I got kind of drawn into Photoshop to make up for the lack of technical polish on the camera. I hate to waste some good composition on a weak processor or lens :-)

So, here are a few of my Photoshop's efforts off my own pictures. I see that the canvas texture on a couple of them doesn't come off to well on the scaled down size that Yahoo allows - they really aren't that dark, or dirty looking.

I'll learn how to create a better web site to display these soon.

Should I keep at it?

Thanks guys - you regulars are a really knowledgeable group of helpful chaps.

Jason

http://www.geocities.com/aramisjb/Photos.html
http://www.geocities.com/aramisjb/PHOTOS2.html
Old December 5th 04, 10:34 PM
Charles Schuler

Should I keep at it?

Are you enjoying it?

Reminds me a bit of Matisse: http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth...re-dame-am.jpg

I like stylized shots. Here is one of mine: http://home.comcast.net/~charlesschu...D-1382182.html
Old December 5th 04, 10:34 PM
Charles Schuler

Old December 5th 04, 10:34 PM
Charles Schuler

Old December 5th 04, 10:34 PM
Aerticulean Effort

Claim Guy wrote:

[...]

geocities says:n exceded allocated data transfer site temporarily
unavailable :-(

Old December 6th 04, 01:27 PM
YoYo

No don't keep at it. Of course this is just my opinion (which you asked
for).

My reasons are
1. your pictures aren't more beautiful then real life.
2. You are giving up on your photography talent and going to manipulation
instead.
3. Your pictures on http://www.geocities.com/aramisjb/Photos.html look like
15 year old digital images, low resolution & bad color matching type.

Do a favor and put the original photos up so we can compare your photo
talent to your photoshop talent.