New 16 year-old Photographer's Website w/ URL

Old April 10th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.people
[email protected]

Default New 16 year-old Photographer's Website w/ URL

Hello I'm new to photography and I just posted my first website. I
have a lot of my pictures on it. Any advice on technique or opinions
would be appreciated.

http://web.mac.com/james.gurtner/

Old November 7th 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.people
Slugdeth

I'm a wedding photographer.... something you're doing I battled with a
long time... trusting your camera's light meter to guage flash.... not
a good idea when shooting anyone wearing white. the bride is badly
underexposed and the father's shirt is also white... you'll notice
that both of these are under exposed. Light meters guage lighting
based on what the normal reflective value of human skin is... which is
about 18% if I remember correctly... white materials (Clothing)
reflect about 50%.... so you're camera think's your getting enough
light when you're really not... a good rule of thumb is when you're
shooting a bride or anyone wearing white... adjust your exposure
comenstion to +1.5 - + 2.0 f/stops and you'll have alot more accurate
flash exposure.